• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yet another diff oil question...

Exos

This is right royally doing my head in now... cps, cts, wt......bloody stupid conversions etc. and not one standard of viscosity, but anyway.

I currently have Ansmann 50,000cps / 2000wt Diff oil (assuming as it was supplied with my Baja this is what's in it) and I'm about to get mine and a friends diff stripped down, he's doing it as he's more mechanically minded than I am, plus he's fitting a 2 speed OBR in both our Baja's; 58/16 54/20 :).

I've read around that 10,000wt is the ideal one to use, however given I know what mine runs like now; wide turning circle at speed, pirouette's really well, lots of traction on grass/gravel, am I going to see any benefit from sticking in 10k? or indeed is there a huge difference between the two? Am I going to think I should have stuck with what I have now?

P.S. mate will be putting the same in his.

I realise this is one of those each to their own things, but I don't want to end up having to strip it down again and replace.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Exos