• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What engine shall I keep advice please

roker99

Hi all

I have 2 engines which are a picco G1 xp 21 and a alpha S852

Anyway the picco is in my losi at the moment and is a really good engine but I have just brought a alpha s852 which has only had 2 tanks run through it so its quit new still in a box

I have someone wanting one of the engines which one should I keep and which one should I sell please

Its only for bashing not racing if that makes a difference

Thanks roker

picco was just broken in when you brought it of me on ebay ( :xd: traxxas crankshaft :whistling: ok)  run alpha in losi for abit an make your call from experience of the two :good:

Hi r46

At the start I really did not understand why it was so short but lesson learned now still loads to learn lol

I don't have time , what you say is the best engine out the 2

Thanks roker

Edited by roker99

well the alpha is great in my truggy it has a lot of torque for a .21 turbo engine it two less ports than the picco but the only way you'll tell is try both as R46 said.

personally I'd keep the alpha but then I've had a few of them now   

Begs the question......Why did you buy the Alpha??  Presumably either because you thought it would be better, or simply as a "spare" for when the Picco gave out?

What has changed?

Sod's Law says whichever you get rid of, the other will "blow up" soon after!

My approach would be, as they "are eating nowt", keep both!

Begs the question......Why did you buy the Alpha??  Presumably either because you thought it would be better, or simply as a "spare" for when the Picco gave out?

What has changed?

Sod's Law says whichever you get rid of, the other will "blow up" soon after!

My approach would be, as they "are eating nowt", keep both!

Yes def agree I am keeping both I thought about it last night.

I did buy it as a spare but when my mate see it last night he said did I want to sell one and as I needs a servo I thought it would be handy to sell.

Roker

if the alapha only had 2 tanks it aint run in properly,there both quick engines.you seem to know the history of both engines,you dont race,so the choice is yours,

Hi mark

The alpha steal needs running in quit a bit.

As I said before I did buy the alpha last last week as I was going to keep a spare in case I ever need it but when someone offers cash things change lol

I def know the picco is very quick from the off I did have a alpha the same as this one about 6 months ago on a hyper 8 but only had the car a few days so did not really get a good test

But as shudson said my luck I will sell it and then blow my picco and be f#####

If I do sell one I have def decided to stick with the alpha

Roker

I agree with Shudson....if you do not need to sell then do not...

If It was me and I HAD to sell either engine then I would sell the Alpha...why?....because tight engines are a pain in the behind and running in a new engine is tedious....and it would raise more money, presuming that is why I had to sell it.

Hi all

I took everyone's advice and kept both but will swop tomorrow and put the alpha in and do the run in on it

That should be fun

Any ideas about the best way to run the alpha in as it has 2 tanks already but still rock solid

I normally warm up a bit but will warm up a lot more with the hair dryer first when the wife's finished with it.

Thanks rocker

you wont know what the alpha like till you run a 10 to 15 tanks though it,i heat cycle the engines{look it up on goggle},so can put the 12 tanks though in 30 mins,if you  dont it a couple of hours to run those 10 though,increasing the revs with each tank.