• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RB ltd3 combo?

MugenSeiki

I have had this engine for a while now & its great imo.

Im really just wondering what the actual engine is if you get what I mean, like are they renamed rb engines with a pipe or a new engine. I hope you understand what I mean I know im not explain it very well :P

Also, I have never removed the venturi, will removing it enhance the performance in any way or should I just leave it in?

http://www.redrc.net/2010/06/rb-ltd3-buggy-engine/

Specs:

3.49cc

7 port

13mm crankshaft

9mm carb+8mm venturi

weighs 348 grams

I have not compared them with other rb engines yet to see if they just changed the heatsink & changed the name.

Cheers :)

Edited by MugenSeiki

Interesting engine....

How many screws hold the head on and is the carb. inlet on the engine casing offset from the center-line?.... 

Removing the carb. restrictor may be better or worse for you and how you use it....it will require adjustments though....but basically removing it will allow more airflow however less airspeed....you would probably find a greater performance change by trying a different pipe....

Interesting engine....

How many screws hold the head on and is the carb. inlet on the engine casing offset from the center-line?.... 

Removing the carb. restrictor may be better or worse for you and how you use it....it will require adjustments though....but basically removing it will allow more airflow however less airspeed....you would probably find a greater performance change by trying a different pipe....

4 screws hold the head on & im not quite sure what you mean about the carb :S

What pipe would you recomend? Its a pretty good setup as it is imo so i may just leave it how it is :)

4 screws hold the head on & im not quite sure what you mean about the carb :S

What pipe would you recomend? Its a pretty good setup as it is imo so i may just leave it how it is :)

Reason I asked about the head screws and the carb. position is that RB engines are (were?) generally made by NovaRossi....and are based on or the same as the Nova models. The only Nova I can think of with an engine casing similar to the photo in your original link is the Virtus...it has a six bolt head and an offset carb.....look up Novarossi Virtus and you will see the carb. 

I presumed you wanted to alter how the engine performs and that is why you were asking about removing the carb. restrictor...I can not suggest a pipe for that engine and how you use it but can only repeat myself....changing the pipe will make a greater change than removing a 1mm restrictor.....I am not saying there is anything wrong with that particular pipe on that engine but by changing a manifold/pipe/system the engine will perform differently...maybe more rpm or better mid-range or initial torque or drinks fuel and runs like a pig!

At the end of the day if you are happy as it is then leave it all alone and have fun. :)