• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Balancing Lipos = "connection break"?

KingPin

Hi all, charging some lipos on my Etronix PowerPal charger/balancer and having a problem....

When i select lipo > charge > balance charge it starts for a second then i get " connection break "?

I have tried both my lipos but get the same message, when plugging it in the charger via deans its fine, but obviously cant balance this way...

Could there be a problem with my balance board or balance lead? (from balance board to charger)

Not used the charger much, but never had this occur before.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

KingPin

Bad connection on plugs to balance board,or main battery leads,thats what I have found on mine,try pulling plugs in and out once or twice,see if it cures it,of course it could be a break somewhere on the leads,but would not have thought it would be on both batteries.

Goldman :030:  :fish:

I cant connect without my balance board if im balance charging.

Cant connect my lipo straight to the charger as the sockets dont match...

Maybe it could be the balance board or lead that may need replacing?

Probably only charged 10 lipo packs through the charger tho...

Cheers

KingPin

Well ive tried your tip goldman but still no joy, ill look into a new balance board and balance lead and see if that sorts it.

I plugged both packs into my Etronix Pocket Pal, that i got with my Carnage via the balance plug and the batteries were "detected" straight away so at least the lipos and lipo plugs are ok.....

Very odd indeed as im never heavy handed with my rc stuff.

KingPin

Are plugging in the main power leads, of the battery, to the charger? You're making it sound like you're only connecting the balance leads because the charger has a different connector compared to the battery?

Ive been connecting as follows..

Balancing...

2s Battery > Balance Board > Balance Lead > charger > selecting balance charge (lipo) > start > "connection break" after 1-2 seconds...

OR

Standard Charge

2s Battery > deans plugs > charger > selecting standard charge (lipo) > start > charges no problem...

KingPin

2s battery

Yup, im laughing too!

All sorted and balancing as we speak, think what threw me was my Ftx Carnage came with a Pocket Pal charger from Etronix which only has a socket for a 2s or 3s balance lipo plug, no other inputs/outputs anywhere.

So naturally when i realised how important balancing was i never realised you needed the main power lead plugged in also!

Nevermind, all sorted now!

Suppose you gotta laugh really!

Cheers guys

KingPin

• 1 year later...

Good thread. I made the same mistake so have ordered a charging connector for EC3. I do have one question tho. My etronix charger requires the balancing board and charging lead to be connected together as talked about here, however i have a charger that charges lipos through the balancing connector only? Anyone help with the answer.....?

Good thread. I made the same mistake so have ordered a charging connector for EC3. I do have one question tho. My etronix charger requires the balancing board and charging lead to be connected together as talked about here, however i have a charger that charges lipos through the balancing connector only? Anyone help with the answer.....?

Post a link to the charger and someone will have an answer.

Cheers Tug...

This is the charger in question in the picture. It only has a balancing port but charges fine, however my Etronix requires the balancing port and charge lead to be connected at the same time.....?

blade-350-qx2-ap-combo-rtf-2-1642-p_zpsb

• 7 years later...