• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

starter box help

chriswhewell

hi there

ive just bought a starter box off flee bay. its a fastrax king starter box. and im wondering if the box should have some sort of mounts for my hpi trophy to sit on. as at the moment the cars flywheel opening in the chassis rubs on the starter wheel. if there should be mounts does anyone no were i will be able to get some from

can anyone supply a link for said mounts

thanks in advance

chris

ive been thinking of doing this to my trophy truggy , does anybody have a link for the bigger flywheel or different engine mounts ..

and do you need to remove the pullstart ?? .

sry for jumping on your thread just thought it would help both of us at the same time..

Edited by WiLLiE

I didn`t remove my pull start and i use a starter box, never had any probs. Always got pull start if box runs flat.

On another car of mine i had to put a bigger flywheel on, easily done.

I didn`t remove my pull start and i use a starter box, never had any probs. Always got pull start if box runs flat.

On another car of mine i had to put a bigger flywheel on, easily done.

im not saying its not easy. im asking what flywheel or what can i do to make this work. what bigger flywheel did u get??

im not saying its not easy. im asking what flywheel or what can i do to make this work. what bigger flywheel did u get??

I just bought one from someone on here just asked them to measure it before i bought it and it was 4mm bigger in diameter than the one i had, and it did the trick.

Do you know the size of the flywheel you have now ?

I just bought one from someone on here just asked them to measure it before i bought it and it was 4mm bigger in diameter than the one i had, and it did the trick.

Do you know the size of the flywheel you have now ?

hi there

i have a standard 34mm hpi flywheel. ive found an answer rc clutch and flywheel set online for about 30 quid. its got a bigger 38mm flywheel. no sorry an hong nor the flywheel is. the 3 piece clutch is answer rc

Edited by chriswhewell

Im sure thats what size mine was changed to il have a quick measure later today, you can also make the opening bigger in the chassis plate which i have also had to do with my Virus as the wheel was catching and shredding it.