• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ts4ns scout project

ts4n

You could also round off the 3rd bumper mount too,this caused the worst hang ups on mine-especially the rear-dont go mad though its not a solid molding-if you remove too much you will end up with a nice easy entrance for dirt and water straight into your diff although others have removed it completely and sealed the hole up with some epoxy resin.

if you dont remove all of it dont forget to put a set screw in the mounting hole to seal it up and keep the internals clean.

Yoshi

I tried some saddle lipo's but felt that they were just too bulky,i settled on a medium 1500 2s pack in the end held on the servo with velcro-it never fell off and gave a decent duration-the full size saddles were difficult to place low down because of their dimensions.

Yoshi

Stock ESC can't do 3S (11.1V) as it's max is 8.5V.  A 1300 2S will work well though you will need a low voltage alarm to let you know when to stop...  if you don't need much run time the 850mAh 2S Turnigy Nanotech are just bigger than a servo.

+1 to the above :thumbsup:

Ive used 850Mah 2s packs but carry a few of them,the orange one pictured is 1000Mah,its all down to you...more weight and capacity/runtime and in turn lower COG or tidier placement with smaller packs.

I pay around 6/7quid for my 1300 2s packs,branded too..theres some daft prices out there so shop around-you wont get the same after sales service but on price alone Hobby King uk are hard to beat along with Giant Shark.

Yoshi

Basically as much as is needed,be aware that Scout C hubs dont like too much especially if you like grinding through binds but a good starting weight would be 2oz/100gms each front and 1oz/50gms each rear but this is a very personal thing.

If you search 'how much weight for my crawler wheels youll see lots of different opinions on what works best and it is very much down to how you drive and how the rig is set-up.

One thing is true though,most run some weight  :yes:

Give it a try and add or remove as you see fit  :thumbsup:

Yoshi

Edited by Yoshimoto

Not broken a c-hub yet... diif locks and then axles went first for me.  I actually broke an axle case where the lock out link on the rear attach first.  I put two layers of 8x 10 g in the front of my scout wheels with stock tyres (so 160g) and 80g in rears.. using stick on weights.  Using less with alloy wheels and HB Rover tyres (some on ebay for