• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New largescale owner. Need help identifying the model.

Big Dogg

Hi Folks,

I've been a member of this forum for a few years now, but haven't posted in quite a while as I hadn't been using my nitro cars much (I have been mainly into the RC helicopters until recently). A few weeks ago I got my T Maxx out again and this sparked my interest again. I've always fancied a large scale petrol baja buggy and just today done a swap of some of my RC stuff that I no longer use for one.

The chap I got the buggy off couldn't remember what make and model the buggy is, but he told me that spares for a Carson buggy or an FG marder fit it. I'm assuming the buggy is maybe a chinese clone or something, but can any of you identify what make or model it is, or more importantly, what spares should fit (just in case the Carson or Marder don't fit). I've attached pics below.

I've read through the stickies at the top of this forum regarding upgrades etc and the first mod I'll be doing is to upgrade the brakes, but it needs new brake pads fitted now and I got a set of brake pads with it. Can any of you point me in the direction of a how to guide for replacing the pads? I'm sure I could figure it out for myself, but a guide would be helpful :)

Thanks in advance!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/big-dogg/9594810998/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/big-dogg/9594812186/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/big-dogg/9594814618/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/big-dogg/9592020073/

@Iconic - I think you could be right.. I looked up pics of both and I think it could be one of them. Now, for the important question; should spares/upgrades for this buggy be easy to get hold of and are most of them interchangeable with that of the Marder etc?

Edited by Big Dogg

It's def a clone of a fg marder. I forget the name of it now but they all pretty much the same mate. Fuel tank is different tho!

I had one years ago and upgraded it all with fg marder parts.

I'll see if I can find my old bud thread on here and link to it ;-)

I think quite a few things have already been upgraded on it (I don't imagine it came with the 30cc engine that's on it now?). First thing I want to do is get a spare set of brake pads and then look into upgrading the brakes. Should brake pads for a Marder fit this?

Dont listen to ebay sellers that list stuff as marder . Carson . Smart tech ect compatible if you find something you want double check on here before buying. I brought some Carson/marder rear arms when they arrived they wouldnt fit straight on to my marder so I asked to return he agreed he then received and signed for the arms then never messaged me again. He gave me some gumble about sketchy net and newborn baby so might take awhile so I just waited and waited next thing it was too late to open a case. So becarful he also did it to 3 other people I saw from his feedback.

But that should be sweet anyway if its already hopped up just run it and run it mate I wanted all the bells and whistles so jumped in stupidly spent tons in 2months without running it much the jet pro race pipe didnt impress me like I thought it would then I just lost intrest in it cos it looked 80s and I don't have transport and didnt like sore ankles carrying it around lol so sold on and lost alot of money on it. But latly I've been wanting to get something else petrol but I doubt I will for awhile they are amazing on the feild but a pain everywhere else.

• Like 1

@RCButcher - The only upgrade I'll be looking at doing in the near future is to upgrade the brakes. I'm happy enough with the speed etc from it.

Still struggling to find a guide or video for how to get at the brakes to change the pads.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Changed the pads last night. Handy enough job. Can anyone give me a link to a compatible upgrade kit for my brakes and also for brake pads for the current brake set up.

I realised last night that it's just a standard servo running the throttle & brake and that's obviously not powerful enough to apply the brakes properly, so hoping to get a high torque servo tomorrow after work and change this over.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

After getting the brake discs changed over the other day, I've now realised that they're not working correctly (the square cut out in the middle has rounded. Can any of you recommend an upgrade kit for my brakes, or let me know where I could source some brake pads.

I'd have a go at making some brake discs myself, but I'd be unsure of what material to use.