• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini 8ight turnbuckles

aspnet

Dusted off my Mini 8ight today since I couldn't take it out and noticed that both rear turnbuckles had bent. Hopefully you can make it out from the pic below - apologies for the glare from the flash on my phone

mini8.jpg

Have never seen this before on any other car - anyone got any idea what could have caused it? I don't bash particularly hard...just around a small courtyard garden with gravel and paving slabs. I have done some jumps off a small plastic skateboard ramp but I'm surprised if it would have caused this

Yeah - I've done one side before, but never both at pretty much the same angle!  :whistling:

I'm wondering if I hit a wall while reversing, but there is a rear TBR bumper there as well so it's all a bit odd...

Are any of the paving slabs slightly higher then ther rest, causing a step? You could of bent them drifting over the step, if your travelling the same speed over the step sideways from both directions that might of caused the metal to 'stress' and bend as the car went over it

• Like 1

Thanks - that's likely. There are a couple of spots where the gravel has worn away where it meets the paving slabs which leaves a 'step'...some of them can be problematic for the mini 8ight if I haven't filled them in before use...will be a bit more careful filling them in and see if it happens again.

I did find that moving from the stock ESC to an ezrun 35a made it more of a handful in terms of speed - another reason why it hadn't happened before

Ordered a pack so that I have additional spares in case it happens again...nice excuse to buy something  :thumbsup: