• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FAILSAFE PROBLEM..

BASS 666

guys I bought a hpi mini failsafe for my hpi pulse cause I had a run away not long ago. the built in failsafe was going to throttle on when I lost signal so I set it to go to brake on. then I read that the built in failsafe only works when you loose signal so I bought the hpi mini failsafe in case I had a voltage drop. so I put the mini failsafe on and it doesn't work it just makes my servo twitch like mad. I have tried to set it a few times and it still wont work. my mate has the same set up and also bought a mini failsafe and his is the same. my question is ???? is the failsafe not working because I already have a built in failsafe ? thanks guys..

those fail safe's dont work well with 2.4ghz

built in 1 should be fine

yeah its fine for signal loss but what about voltage drop. I must say im a bit pi$$ed off at the guy that's selling them on ebay. he should say they are no good for 2.4ghz after all that's what most people use..

Voltage drop i dont think it does no, however voltage drop becomes quite apparent as youll start to lag as such but shouldnt loose control of the car, that point you should bring her in and change batteries 

The built in failsafe conflicts with the external one you want a voltage safe think modelsport sell them now http://www.modelsport.co.uk/mtroniks-micro-voltsafe/rc-car-products/375356 but you'll need a power cap to stop the servo twitch http://www.modelsport.co.uk/spektrum-receiver-voltage-protector/rc-car-products/25493 but these can be found cheaper on eBay

Some built in failsafe works for drop in voltage

Where the servos automatically return to netrual position when voltage drops to a certain point, but I dont know which onrs these are