• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just finished a meet and greet with the Xbox one

Dirty Electro

Ok so I'm a Sony fanboy and I will be getting the PS4 no matter what, however.............

Just had Microsoft demo the Xbox one where I work and it IS bloody amazing!!

The controller is more comfortable and the seperate vibrations for each trigger really make a difference.

Graphics??? Stunning only word I can think of, Forza looks amazing in real life.

Did'nt get time to mess about with the kinect but that sounds like it's gonna bring a whole new dimension to games.

Anyway as I said earlier I love Sony, but after what I saw and very briefly played today then an Xbox one will be sat next to it.

• Like 1

PS4 for me, I'm gonna hunt you down if you forget to reserve me one at your work lol Also is it still the case that they are holding back the release date for the Xbox one?

tbh i like the idea of the xbox one but the kinect part of it puts me off, if you could find out more about how its going to be used (as its mandatory to buy it with the console i assume that its needed for something) jerre i'd be grateful :)

The Kinect plays a much more integral part in the gaming experience, not like the half baked keep Mum fit thing that it is at the minute.

The sensitivity of it is massively increased, it can sense facial expression change so it can see what scares you and instruct the Xbox to use the information accordingly to influence game A.I. , it also sense's changes in body attitude so it can see you twist your wrist and adjust the throttle on a bike game, or move your finger in a sniper game. It will also work in the dark now, and the cack handed nature of the original kinect in regards to placement, room size etc is all gone, just turn it on and use it now :-)

It really is a step forward, there is loads more this thing can do, however if you dont want to use the kinect, unplug it. However from the video's and the seminar that the chap gave, you really will be taking away from the gameplay in some games massively.

Does this mean the kinect will sense when i just pooped my pants and will change the game accordingly because frankly i dont want zombies popping up on my screen when playing forza because i pooped my pants because i nearly crashed  

hmm, i find myself interested in this more.

presumably in terms of racing if the kinect senses you are abit bored it would up the difficulty or the agression of the a.i. cars.....

could actualy be interesting, but if game become kinect based, i.e. no controller i know i will lose all interest, this is what worries me about using it, if i wanted to jump around i'd go paintballing or play football myself.

Don't want to go on to much about it, as a Sony fan it pains me to lol.

I do think however that the Xbone started off on totally the wrong foot which was as much Microsoft's fault as anyone else's (The Press, forums etc)

It's a lot better than I first thought and whether you like the new Kinect or not there is one hell of a console hidden behind all the rumours etc.

I'll be getting one based on what I've seen, yes it can do this that and the other in regards to media and TV, personally I'm not interested in any of that, however it's all there if you want a one box solution for your lounge.

It is pretty big though so get ready to make room under the TV :thumbsup:

I like xbox so I will be getting the new one is it true thay had to turn down the clock speed by 200mhz because of over heating and upping the ram to 12meg

Ram is confirmed 8gb and think they actually upped the clock speed by a very very small amount