• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hawk's MST ms-01d - New bodyshell finished page 11

b_hawk111

Mine work ;), just no video yet, as I have two tail light bulbs hanging off (I only have one set of 5mm holes on my buckets - need a pair of 3mm reds) and my backfire leds are just hanging there, Also, I haven't secured all the wiring. Messy. What are you going to use to secure it all?

I personally use Wrap Up Aluminium Mesh Tape. Super strong!

What do you do with the shoe-goo?

This yoko shell I just got is seriously thin in places, think I'd best try and strengthen it a bit.

Yer one of the guys from soul showed me his er34 and it was split all round the bottom of the rear bumper :/ ill make a little how to thread in a minute :)

Im just going hardcore with duct tape when my kit arrives :P Ben be good if you could do a step by step please :)

Ahhh not duct tape! It will eventually peel off and leave loads of chappy sticky stuff all over the inside of your shell :P

My shell is now fully shoe gooed and roll caged :)

Will pop some pics up in a minute after I have done the shoe goo tutorial :)

Ah man that sucks! How did it get cracked?

Here is mine with the roll cage in, pretty pleased with how it looks :)

20131107_160312_HDR.jpg

Not the best pic but you get the idea for now :P

I will get that tutorial written today too, I went to last night but apparently I ran out of mobile data :P

So the light kit is in and working!

Quick video of it all going

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icz1zdtzpTA&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dicz1zdtzpTA%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

It looks wicked, and all the lights work spot on, only slight issue is the smaller rear lights the paint bled a little so it doesn't light all the way round, but the indicators in the middle work brilliant :)

Just need to tidy up all the cables and stuff :)

Just one question to people with a tetsujin light kit, i have seen a few people who just plug in one cable to the car,

Is there a way to do that or do you have to plug both in an our of the light kit?

Cheers

cheers mate, they are good kits, expensive but pretty good for the money, and they look wicked! cant wait to actually drift this shell with the light kit now! 

Its done!! 

shell is finished, light kit is fitted, and working, and stuck down :D 

all that is left now is some stickers on it for the teams and manufacturers ;) 

2013-11-10221545.jpg

2013-11-10221406.jpg

2013-11-10221438.jpg

just cant wait to run it now, cant really run it down the local at skidworks as i need to use 3mm wheels and my outdoor tyres are on 8s, and i dont have a tyre puller to change them :( 

so just going to have to wait until i get to soul or wycome to try it out properly ;) 

and that roll cage has now got three uses, looks bad ass, stiffens the shell, makes a perfect thing to cable tie wires to :D 

Nah the wires no where near the belt, but im going to plug an extension into the receiver and lead it under the top deck, to make it easier to plug the kit in and out, and to make sure it stays in ell away from the belts :)

Ah yer I love the cage, just on the spur of the moment too, wasn't planning on putting one in originally :P

Nice! Yeah massive difference. :)

BTW I found out there a few more modes on the lights so you might be able to get it to behave like mine. Just need to disconnect motor again.

ah cheers teshi, But as we said the other day apparently we have different kits somehow :P but never mind.

Right then, so as I have jkust spent over 100 quid on parts to get my 1:8 race buggy back into action for next season, Im doing a bit more fabrication in the man cave.

so here is the start of my new shock pump! 

20131129_214335.jpg

yes you see it right, just a tuperware pot at the moment, but come sunday (hopfully) that will have an insert to hold my dirfter shocks and my buggy shocks, a pipe sealed in the top which will run to my air compresser with a brake bleed attachment to create the vacume, and there it will be, one shock pump for no money at all ;) 

will have to see if it works though ;) 

so made the shock pump :) 

2013-12-01170712.jpg

2013-12-01170717.jpg

Works spot on, little holes fit the 1:10 mst shocks, big ones fit the big bores on my losi buggy :D 

fit the pipe out the top into the brake bleeder i have, pull the trigger and all the air sits on the top of the shock oil, then let go of the trigger and it all pops, spot on :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Haha well keep it and test at Soul for one main reason. Wall runs! Mine is just a little too low so if I over cook and go too close, my wing gets caught. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha yer should porbably check that first, dont want to be running the wall and rip the wing off :P hopefully it will hang over nice :P 

will get to try it out tomorrow down at soul :) just hope my radio gear will hold out, its been getting really laggy and twitchy, even today running my buggy outside with just a couple of other people it was being weird :(  

Wish I could join ya but penny saving for now. 

I have a Carisma controller which you can take and borrow if you really run out of steam on yours.