• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Himoto Shootout.

Spriggan

Hi Guys, after my rather troubled dabbles with 1/5 electric in the style of the Mavrick Vader, I thought I would treat myself to a new play thing. So picked up a Himoto Shootout, 1/8 rallycross buggy, which is the electric version of their Nito Firestorm buggy.

The buggy fitted with the Himoto 3000kva motor, not sure what size esc, and a 3250mah 4S lipo, which is suppose to give about a 20 minutes run time.   What I found was, apart from the buggy jumps very well and was soon pushing the distance record off the table top of the Cornwall RC Racing track within a few attempts, was that the buggy would only manage about 1.5 -2 laps of the track before over heating and cutting out.  And that would be everything hot, the battery, the motor and the esc would all be unpleasant to touch.  Then once it had cooled a little, off it would go again.

The brushless motor and esc is suppose to cope with anything from a 3S - 6S , so the 4S lipo does give about the right rpm from the 3000kva motor to match the gear ratio of the nitro version, although it does go like you know what off a shovel, so I would imagine that -1T pinion would still work well.

The other thing that was suggested was to run on a 3S lipo..... Would this make the system run cooler?  if so what the hell would a 6S have done to it!

Anybody else got one of these Himoto buggies?

Cheers,

Sprig.