• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5t , what pipe?

Savage Sy

Just invested in a 5t and want to know what pipes are out there and how they perform . Was thinking Bartolone but heard reports that the Losi pipe gives more power . Just after some feedback before shelling out . Cheers.

Just had my first proper run completely stock and hit 39mph on **** wet grass , well chuffed and I've not even tuned it yet . Still running a bit rich and idling slow . Any tuning tips would be much appreciated . Cheers

Bartalone is very loud... Louder than the losi pipe. The samba is very good and is the pipe of choice for track racers especially as its reasonably quiet compared to others. There are others which i'm sure others on here will have opinions on.

nice one fella make sure u threadlock the bolts and couple cable ties pulled tight on coupling :)

Thread lock what bolts? The bolts to the head? The thread lock has no effect on exhaust bolts as the heat renders it useless!

Thread lock what bolts? The bolts to the head? The thread lock has no effect on exhaust bolts as the heat renders it useless!

It's funny the amount of people who say threadlock exhaust bolts lol.

And as for pipe, I ran the Barolone XP big bore unsilenced, fantastic all round pipe, worth every penny of the hefty price tag.

If I ever had another 5ive, I'd buy another Bartolone.

Edited by Oh How Original

problem i get is so many people offer advice hard to know what or who to believe :)

If Dave (Roverman) says something does/doesn't work, that's the advice to listen to :thumbsup: and just so you know I wasn't saying it to be funny, I was more meaning if you ever forget to put it on or something, don't worry, it'll still stay in exactly the same :)