• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turnigy sct 2wd build :)

Brett92

i agree, its deffo the mudflaps lol. im a big sct fan so for me it would be sct over the buggy any day. my nb is probs gonna be the truggy instead of the buggy and i might see if i can wedge my turnigy sct bodyshell on it

with my little ftx blaze i got tired of it being hopeless offroad being a buggy, so i just slapped 1/10 rally car wheels n tyres on it n sorted, rolled a lot though lol and my t bone bumper wouldnt fit, needed modding, this is why i bought this sct so i can have some proper fun offroad without needing ridiculous speed

hope you have more luck with yours then the 4 people in the group I bash with had we had 5 of them between us 4sc and 1 db. and thy were made of chasse .. all plastics were weak gear box problem's and shells made of glass .. my db looks good on the shelf ..

i know theyre not the best quality, but im not gonna be hardcore bashing with it, how did u manage to have gearbox problems? seems pretty solid to me, im just going to be using mine as it should be to be honest rather than trying to treat it like a savage :P

the mid gear of the 3 broke in two .. I was on 3s lipo at the time..  I think a lot of the problem if am honest is we all expected to much from them .. we mostly run 1/5 scale  .. in our bash group

ahh i get u, 3s is a bit extreme in these but i suppose it depends on the running gear... as for the expecting too much, i did that with small scale cars when i first got into them so im guessing u all were too used to big strong 2 strokes then moved down to a 1/10 of which isnt the strongest car and got stung? :P

in must cases thy were bought as a second or 3erd cars . to go with the bigger stuff .. mostly been replaced with 1/8 brushless buggys and truggys now ..  and savages ..

fair enough lol, i got mine just as a taste of a sct because i always wanted one to be honest, just because lol... ill see how it goes with this one and if all goes well i might invest in something a bit better

i know what u mean, hopefully mine wont spend too much time on its roof though, havent seen a 1/8 sct in person as of yet but would love to cause the 1/10s with the shells on look huge lol

haha, im just gonna be smooth with it couple small jumps etc, my mate has a drift 720 camera so i might try lend that off him soon get some footage maybe..

my mate said he was jumping about 6 foot high with his, landed funny and broke the axle lol thats why ive got his shell :P

i seen that before, was quite genius :P ive got about 20 foot of carbon vinyl wrap thats 2 foot wide, so if i ever need to do such a thing.. should be sorted ;) lol

Nice thread so far Bananaman. Am not a lover of SCT's, I think they should be put in room 101 with the new god awful "Cab Forward" shells. But I read the thread cos I love build threads. Keep it up Tinky.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1