• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A Good Cooler for Socket AM3+

catalin4u24

Hey folks,

Anybody got any suggestions for a good efficient cooler for my AMD FX4100 processor ? It gets really hot in BF3 after 20-30min of game play and the game starts to lag and suffer a lower frame rate. I don't have any issues when I start the game and I really think heat mite be the problem... the stock cooler starts to work really hard and it sounds like it's going to take off ... 

Right guys, 

I have good news and bad news,

Bad news is the cooler si so huge I can't get the left side panel to fit back in the case.

Good news is the temps are so low now, I even been able to overclock the CPU up to 4.2ghz from the 3.6ghz stock configuration, all this under very stable conditions and very low temps. I've bought this 5.25" card reader/multimedia dashboard from ebay for about 11

wow that case must be tiny to not fit an evo in. Still at least it works a treat. If you want to know what your REAL temps are get "realtemp" will show you the exact core temp of each core plus the average.

Also I know its annoying but its better to lean the side of the case against it anyway. as it directs the airflow through the case better. when you have a side off the airflow is a little messed up and the temps are normally higher.