• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The XRay T4 2013 thread (Renamed)

ta05

Looks alone, there is nothing between them.  both great looking motors with plenty of timing.  The gen 2 has 40 which is adequate.

The killshot has about 60!

Being the guy I am I'd be too tempted to crank the timing right up on the killshot.

Jack uses the Gen 2 redline and has no issues, a very quick guy too so I'm leaning towards the Redline.

Marcus has a fast car so I would not be surprised if it's a gen 2 :D

Rob I don't know about, but I think Greg and Mark Rodgers use the gen 2 too.

My first gen redline has 24 degrees and is about 4 years old so im sure it's taken a performance hit now, hence my decision to get something quicker :D

Edited by ta05

I did think about better motor but decided with my skill maybe faster is not alway quicker as I am now beating my PB each week with current motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ian S

My results have gone down since June, I think the drive shafts binding had something to do with it.

But even before that I were a few laps behind Jack and Mark, so I'm hoping its because I have an old motor.

Shocks are rebuilt now, not much left to try before I start ripping my hair out :D

If I am honest, banning additive has helped some, but hindered others. 

Having no additive suits people with a smooth driving style.  If you jab at the throttle, the car will under steer quicker than someone who is smooth.

If you are smooth, fast and consistent though, the lack of additive has slowed you down (mark, jack) simply because of the lack of grip.

hence the PB's will be reset.

Edited by ta05

He won't get close to Marks time :whistling:  :D

Im just glad i'll be able to bolt on some 30mm rear tyres now, hopefully the 6mm hexes will do the job.

Ian, Have you made any setup changes since additive was banned?

I was told of an interesting setup.

Spool upfront, 50wt! (not 50,000) rear gear oil.  (I created a thread on rctech.net on road section called "Touring car setup - changes" if you want some reading lol) 

I really like the forum, very informative.

This would give a lot of rotation on the back to counteract the spool push up front.

I am going to try new driveshafts and 30mm rear tyres first - and a new motor if I can get the one I want by the 20th.

Edited by ta05
  • Like 1

I think they are 50. I have not measured them but they are from Demon products.

I do think some setup changes are needed since additive was banned but I have yet to fully understand what they are.

First i'll change the drive shafts as they were binding and probably causing understeer. 

Any time before next Friday, there's no rush as long as I get it before then :)

I was only going to spray it one colour, something bright.

If you have anything, yellow, or whatever then that would be cool and I'd give you a few quid of course for doing it! B)