• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

army truck

qumico

HI all:)

I didnt find a place for my post becouse my rc truck dont fit any of your sections:P

Ive finished my army truck today and i want to shere it with the world:P

On top of the truck is a place for 0,5 l pepsi in case i need drink XD 

truck is front wheel drive and its articulated type:) and is using servo as an motor plus it using only 4 AA bateries:P hours of driving XD

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10158785/

Tell me what think:) Sorry about my english:P

• Like 1

Ive used a parts from nitro xtm [?] buggy. and it tooks me 3 week to make it look like its looks now, I will add lights on front and back of the truck soon.

Today ive replace the servo [motor:P] becouse its was low torque with plastic gears [was working for only 3 minsXD]... now it has servo from nitro buggy with metal gears and high torque. It can carry 10kg tool box XD

and its sloooooowwww becouse servo as an ''engine''  :P 

HI all:)

I didnt find a place for my post becouse my rc truck dont fit any of your sections:P

Ive finished my army truck today and i want to shere it with the world:P

On top of the truck is a place for 0,5 l pepsi in case i need drink XD 

truck is front wheel drive and its articulated type:) and is using servo as an motor plus it using only 4 AA bateries:P hours of driving XD

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10158785/

Tell me what think:) Sorry about my english:P

nice pictures thanks for sharing these here. I am sure that a lot other has some RC toys like this one but they also have not posted it yet because they didn't fine any section for it yet they all might post that whenever they find any section of their race car.

Could do with a little more oomph maybe. What is it powered by?* Interesting to see how you put it together.

Really cool build mate, inspired to see if I could scratch build something myself.

*Ah, 4AA Batteries, just read it.

Edited by Zardoz

Well at the very begining i was thinking about somethinig like that :

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-max-articulated-underground-mining-truck/704673

then

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01817/russia-nuclear-mis_1817822b.jpg

But becouse ive modyfied those differentials [welded] i cannot use normal front turning parts i had from this buggy [you can see one in the middle of the truck].

So ive fininshed with this my own style army truck XD 

If you have any ideas please tell me, i can use some to make this truck more ... cool :) but dont expect any thing big now becouse im off from work after operation so i can make some small changes only :P

Now im gona use my two 1/10 buggys to make 1/10 scale pick up... something ''normal'':P Any ideas?

i will make as always from the zero i dont want to buy ready parts:P

:D

Today i took my truck offroad for an hour and i must say that its good for on road not offroad... Ive decide to rebuild this truck... well i will destroy the whole thing and i will build something like monster truck or something similar becouse this one is too low, too slow, too lazy XD I will use servo as an motor but with different gearbox to make it faster... 

to bad becouse this truck looks cool :/ Well thats life :) 

Its easy to modyfied the servo to make it working like a motor :) look at the photos of the inside the truck, you can see electronic from the servo outside plus this small wheel on the top of the truck im using to trim [set up] the servo on zero, other wise it will start turning one direction... :)  well to make this ''motor'' you need to destroy one servo to use some parts in ''motor'' :) I can upload the ''plans'' how to make this ''motor'' if you want:)

Besides i decide to keep this truck:) I will play now with my buggys:), Make some mods:) etc:) 

For the electric motor [normal one]...  ill keep the serwo ''motor'' for now:) 

:D