• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja and spektrum dx3s range problems

Scottyboi

@

Scottyboi

sell the specktrum mate i had the same issue with mine, less than 50 meter range, even sent it back to a specktrum dealer and they couldnt find anything wrong with it suprise suprise.

I had checked it with 3 different receivers with different length ariels same range. 

So i sold it and now have a FlySky GT3C and i loose sight of the FG Baja no issues with range at all.

Never buy another spektrum again. The FlySky maybe cheap and some people look down on it thinking its a cheapo model, but with

@

Scottyboi

sell the specktrum mate i had the same issue with mine, less than 50 meter range, even sent it back to a specktrum dealer and they couldnt find anything wrong with it suprise suprise.

I had checked it with 3 different receivers with different length ariels same range. 

So i sold it and now have a FlySky GT3C and i loose sight of the FG Baja no issues with range at all.

Never buy another spektrum again. The FlySky maybe cheap and some people look down on it thinking its a cheapo model, but with

Ive never maxed my range on my leccy baja with spektrum, using the orange rx recivers. they might just have issues with the motor in petrol ones. suprised nobody has made a faraday-cage like mesh to prevent any interference.

when it was petrol, i had a etronix pulse 2.4ghz stick radio set. never maxed it on that either, apart from when i went baja racing at MMR and the rostrum was in basically a metal box, and had massive range issues. but that was when it was leccy.

strange thing signals

Edited by samshirley001

Ive never maxed my range on my leccy baja with spektrum, using the orange rx recivers. they might just have issues with the motor in petrol ones. suprised nobody has made a faraday-cage like mesh to prevent any interference.

when it was petrol, i had a etronix pulse 2.4ghz stick radio set. never maxed it on that either, apart from when i went baja racing at MMR and the rostrum was in basically a metal box, and had massive range issues. but that was when it was leccy.

strange thing signals

At the moment im trying to rule out the killswitch but havent had the chance to take the car out yet so thats on my to do list.

Ive been looking at the etronix pulse what do you think of it?

Hi chap.... Did u sort out your range issues....?

I had a look at my setup over the weekend. I run an hpi baja with a dx3s, telemetry rx and a kill switch and so far haven't had any problems. I know some folk on here think the only answer is to get another radio but i'd want to know what was wrong incase there is an underlying problem somewhere else.

Hi chap.... Did u sort out your range issues....?

I had a look at my setup over the weekend. I run an hpi baja with a dx3s, telemetry rx and a kill switch and so far haven't had any problems. I know some folk on here think the only answer is to get another radio but i'd want to know what was wrong incase there is an underlying problem somewhere else.

Hey well i turned the glitch sensitivity to 4 so that's the lowest and im getting much better range 80+m compared to 40 but wish it could be better still :)

What killswitch do you run?

yeah mate it has :)

You have a Super Bee. The v1 and v2 stuff was our old Killer Bees. 

The Super Bee is the latest greatest kill switch. 

Range issues are common with Spektrums, on petrol cars. 

But the first thing I would do is inspect the two antennas.

Then I would change the spark plug. Spark plugs can have a bad internal resistor, which can cause excess radio interference, even on a brand new engine. Make sure you are running a resistor style spark plug, like the NGK CMR7H. 

I would leave the glitch sensitivity alone on the Super Bee, if possible. You probably have an issue elsewhere that needs attention, like a radio or ignition issue. 

Edited by Killer RC

You have a Super Bee. The v1 and v2 stuff was our old Killer Bees. 

The Super Bee is the latest greatest kill switch. 

Range issues are common with Spektrums, on petrol cars. 

But the first thing I would do is inspect the two antennas.

Then I would change the spark plug. Spark plugs can have a bad internal resistor, which can cause excess radio interference, even on a brand new engine. Make sure you are running a resistor style spark plug, like the . 

I would leave the glitch sensitivity alone on the Super Bee, if possible. You probably have an issue elsewhere that needs attention, like a radio or ignition issue. 

Hi well ive check the rx antenna and that's fine as its only a week old, I have looked at spark plug that is a NGK CMR7H. I had the glitch sensitivity set as default (1) like it recommends for spektrum users and as soon as I took car out with glitch sensitivity set to 4 my Baja went more then double the distance? :)

What do you mean by radio or ignition issue?