• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scotland's Big discussion 2013

Rusty1103

Yeah but I abused it for over a year lol. It was more wear and tear then a breakdown, rpm all 4 corners are coming. That should keep me going for another couple of years lol. Ross I think you were just unlucky and got a bad 1, mate. 5t do have more protection then 5 b.

Yeah but I abused it for over a year lol. It was more wear and tear then a breakdown, rpm all 4 corners are coming. That should keep me going for another couple of years lol. Ross I think you were just unlucky and got a bad 1, mate. 5t do have more protection then 5 b.

Yeah no doubt Nino, but I wouldn't write-off KM for fear of parts breaking.

At least, I personally wouldn't... at all.. ever.

the km still needs some upgrades as richard found out today the front chassis brace is one thing that needs tobe better his looked abit ****ed after that bad landing he had i did notice he had a turtle front shock protector on his. i guess if you dont have the money to spend on a hpi then the km does look like a good deal and with the money you`ve saved you can buy some upgrades

Lol. I wouldnt replace broken parts on a hpi with km stuff. Thats downgrading not upgrading, lol. You can pick up a km t run and fix ur hpi an sell it. Pretty sure when fixed is still worth a gud 650.

Lol. I wouldnt replace broken parts on a hpi with km stuff. Thats downgrading not upgrading, lol. You can pick up a km t run and fix ur hpi an sell it. Pretty sure when fixed is still worth a gud 650.

From where I'm standing, Lego would be an upgrade  :xd:

I doubt the HPI would have taken that landing without damage. The chassis is the same 4mm alloy as the HPI one. The KM comes with a 4 bolt engine, nylon plastics (none of which broke in the same ****ty landing) and a metal geared steering servo, all upgrades on the HPI. I think if I add the IRC upper and lower chassis braces it'll be sorted. Oh, and the KM came with spare plastics and a hardware kit too!

Dont take me wrong richard the km with upgrades can pretty much run with the more expensive trucks. And u might be correct, than landing today was spectacular. Lmao. Not many toys could have survived that.

Had a great day out at Bathgate today , cheers lads for making the newbies welcome

Here's a wee vid of some of the day .... Wished I'd got the camera out sooner , some of those earlier jumps were epic !!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6DTLHELug0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DU6DTLHELug0

• Like 2

Thats what im goin for a km 5b I have been speakin to a chap in london who sells them and will post he only has 5t in stock 400 he want for them anyone interested I can pass on details he said 5b are coming in end of the week

RCmodelz have them in stock and will ship next day delivery.

Had a great day out at Bathgate today , cheers lads for making the newbies welcome

Here's a wee vid of some of the day .... Wished I'd got the camera out sooner , some of those earlier jumps were epic !!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6DTLHELug0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DU6DTLHELug0

Brilliant!  :thumbsup:

I don't think anything will persuade me to buy a KM. Again, upgrades straight from the box needed to make it "good". I see people running stock HPIs and the only thing that needs replacing is servos from what I can tell. A KM is

Edited by Pharrel