• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

Had the xs back when they first came out fun little truck but has a few spots need looking at. Esc well documented over heating issue, drivetrain again well documented, heavy on it's shells ! And terrible servo saver and servo along with really bad tyres .. All can be sorted easy enough some you can do over time some will need doing sooner rather than later. All in all thou it's not a bad little truck but it is a bit limited on ground clearance

Reason I sold mine was the never ending tool wrenching but others have had some better luck so I guess it depends on how hard you run .. I do look sometimes into another but then add up the cost of what I'd want to do to it and soon change my mind when I realise just how much it will end up costing (

Yes, Modelsport is refunding me and paying for the postage, it will be posted tomz. That really put me off thunder tiger so I'm not sure what to do next, has any one got any experience with the hpi savage xs?

Strange :)

Hongnor sabre x3 brushless?

tapatalk

I hope so too. I don't have a clue what next, all the rc company's are playing it safe and quiet frankly being a bit boring with what they are bring out. The only one who has been creative is axial with its yeti. I do like the idea of a 1/10 Baja.

Buy it and see what it's like . Only thing that swayed me away from getting one was the running vid I saw it did nothing my mt4 couldn't do better

Only truck I'll be getting next has to be the HobAo mt sport was going for the little losi but that's looking like it won't happen now

Mt4 rocks and kicks but as a Truggy :)  shoulda glued up me truggy wheels ages ago :lol:

BTW: whats the max pinion on the MT4? Don'T look like much more than a 15t will fit.  Gonna have ta get a smaller spur,  but no point in doing that this year :lol::(

Just dropped by to say the paint saga is over, the Xciter is done, simple yes, too simple maybe, I'm moving swiftly on to the muscle car if I have enough paint that is, the Tamiya spray cans give just enough and I mean just enough paint to cover a 1/10 shell.

Pics aren't great, will have to click to enlarge

post-29807-0-06372000-1405105437_thumb.j       post-29807-0-19938600-1405105489_thumb.j     post-29807-0-19636400-1405105712_thumb.j

post-29807-0-77050500-1405105602_thumb.j                                            post-29807-0-67742000-1405105660_thumb.j

Edited by GRIFKILL

• 1 month later...

Not been much going on here for a while so thought i'd kick off with a freshly painted shell 

DSC02447_zpsb5bf5b2b.jpg

DSC02448_zps887cfc55.jpg

DSC02452_zps796d765e.jpg

Why the paint scheme i hear you ask ?? well i have been testing out a new chassis its not for sale yet but will be soon enough.. Been asked not to say too much so please don't ask but it gets rid of the need for a homebrew brace on the MT4 g3.. Some sneaky pics 

DSC02450_zps57fe8f7b.jpg

DSC02451_zps0202804b.jpg

See ya  :thumbsup:

Nice one,. looking good.

I'm gonna go ahead and asume Rob is machining the chassis so at least I know it'll be quality ;)

If you're testing it, please nose dive into hard pack dirt from quit high up.  :whistling:

Mines all boxed up at the mo so either she stays boxed or gets sold on,. we shall see..

Not been much going on here for a while so thought i'd kick off with a freshly painted shell

DSC02447_zpsb5bf5b2b.jpg

DSC02448_zps887cfc55.jpg

DSC02452_zps796d765e.jpg

Why the paint scheme i hear you ask ?? well i have been testing out a new chassis its not for sale yet but will be soon enough.. Been asked not to say too much so please don't ask but it gets rid of the need for a homebrew brace on the MT4 g3.. Some sneaky pics

DSC02450_zps57fe8f7b.jpg

DSC02451_zps0202804b.jpg

See ya :thumbsup:

Looking good, someone on youtube (maxnluca) has a video testing the same chassis, wouldn't show too much but looked ok Edited by Northmatt

Would be good to do away with the brace. I got my mt4 start of this month still getting used to it and what it's capable of. Sold my trophy truggy flux for it. Already feel more confident in this than the trophy ever made me feel. Nearly always needed some work done after a bash did the truggy, I did strip the spur on the mt4 after fiddling with it last week. New 1 arrived from phil's hobby shop this morning. B sorting that out later

yup. tough :)

As for this new chassis doing away with a top brace,. hmm hard to imagine.  I bent the lower part of the shock towers in the opposite direction as my brace was so strong.  So if the chassis is stronger I'd be well happy.  But without a top brace the top of my towers would almost have certainly bent in the usual backwards manner.

I do understand the benefit of a better chassis and would likely run it, but I won't be doing away with the top brace.  That is if i still have mine by the time this gets released :lol:

yup. tough :)

As for this new chassis doing away with a top brace,. hmm hard to imagine.  I bent the lower part of the shock towers in the opposite direction as my brace was so strong.  So if the chassis is stronger I'd be well happy.  But without a top brace the top of my towers would almost have certainly bent in the usual backwards manner.

I do understand the benefit of a better chassis and would likely run it, but I won't be doing away with the top brace.  That is if i still have mine by the time this gets released :lol:

You do know there are stronger towers available ?? and if you don't fancy them then just double them up trouble then is the little ears on the diff case break so a quick fix is a alloy angle bracket ..  

I have not run a brace since testing thou and have yet to bend a tower or the chassis broke plenty of other bits thou  :xd: