• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie ! - Hello all

andy_ls26

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Been snooping around for a bit so I thought it would be time to introduce myself and ask you expert for a bit of advice.

Had a Sand Rover years and years ago then bought myself a Tamiya Gravel Hound a few months back to have a play in the garden.

I now think I'm ready for the Nitro stuff and after some model advice. Looking on here and eBay I've narrowed my choice 'I think' down to either a secondhand Kyosho Inferno or a Hoboa Hyper 7. Anyone got any for's or against's each particular model ? The Hyper 7 seems a little more supported ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Been snooping around for a bit so I thought it would be time to introduce myself and ask you expert for a bit of advice.

Had a Sand Rover years and years ago then bought myself a Tamiya Gravel Hound a few months back to have a play in the garden.

I now think I'm ready for the Nitro stuff and after some model advice. Looking on here and eBay I've narrowed my choice 'I think' down to either a secondhand Kyosho Inferno or a Hoboa Hyper 7. Anyone got any for's or against's each particular model ? The Hyper 7 seems a little more supported ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Never had one but I would say Hyper,seems to be better supported like you said.

Oh,hello and welcome as well :good:

welcome to the forum

out of those 2 definatly get the hyper 7, it has much better hop ups and spares backup and is alot more popular so there will be more people to help you with it

they also come with very good and reliable engines, the only thing you should do is replace the stock stering servo with a high torque metal geared one as the stock one is rubbisha nd will break very soon

Hyper 7,i am well chuffed with mine,i have the pbs 8 port,fast enough and handles very well,upgrade the steering servo change the tyres and you have a great car for not a lot of money,will do all you want, :good:

Don't tell me . . . . for that I win a brand new Hyper 8 with all the bells and whistles :good:

I dont think so,a while ago people wanted to this to the 2000th member

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?show...=17043&st=0

dont take it seriously or personally though :good: get the Hyper and slap them all around the head with it :lol:

Whats the difference between PBS, TQ, TQ Sport & Pro ??

over heres theres basicaly the..

TQ sport...basic rtr buggy comes with the 4 port .21 engine

TQ sport mach .28....same but orange and with a .28(this engine can not be raced at some clubs)

PBS...pivot ball suspension, better for racing as there is more adjustability with the PBS it comes with the slightly fater .21 8 port

and the pro UK which is kit i think :whistling: and either comes with no engine or with the .21 8 port...this has all the goodies on for racing basicaly

well despite a lot of useful advice from you all I went for option 1

The second one although had a lot of spare parts it did'nt have an engine, receiver or air filter hose thing.

Spoke to the other guy and he assures me its all ready to run and is as new. He said its got a good new 'Siro' engine in it and comes with starter box as well. He also said he'll through in a few spare shells and bit and bobs so we'll see what turns up - all for the sum of £250 including postage to my door.

You'll probably all tell me I've been ripped off, but I'm happy with my purchase (so far) and can't wait to get her running

. . . . . will keep you posted