• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new rc car track in bristol

mototomo

hi everyone, i have an rc car track in bristol, bedminster down, it`s a piece of field that i converted to a track. it`s good for bashing and hobby racing. i live very close to it so can be accessed on short notice, usually all weekend and from 5 pm on weekdays, and is free of charge. you will find more info, pics and vids on www.bristolrccartrack.co.uk soon.
everyone is invited-electrics preferred as is close to nearby houses.
anyone interested please let me know on [email protected] or 077 657 033 82 

• Like 2

i think the best way to find out would be to just try it, we run ansmann virus 2`s on it. i`d say both scales should be fine. and if needs to- we could accomodate it. i think it is about six feet wide in narrowest places and double that in widest. the whole field on the whole is good enough to make a dream track for any scale.

the websites are under co0nstruction still, but should be all done by the weekend.

how ABOUT THIS WEEKEND, I AM GOING THERE TDAY AS SOON AS MISSUS COMES BACK FROM WORK, BOUT 3-4 PM AND WILL STAY FOR A BIT. THEN TROW AND SUNDAY ALL DAY I GUEES. 

THE MORE THE MERRIER :thumbsup:

Sorry mate. Dont mean to ignore you. Trophy truggy flux needs steering knuckle and bolts, hyper needs steering servo and new chassis anti bend bolt. M5 bike needs fixings for back wheel. Also bought the bits for trophy hex conversion. Most of it is in chipping sodbury and one thing in fishponds sorting office. I cant and wont be driving yet as over did it on stag do. But can guarantee when feeling better will be coming along to use your track. My mrs had agreed to take me to my work to get some of the bits i ordered last week.

that`s fine mate, no worries. i thought i might help u out but i do not have any of these parts, i got some parts for the ones i have.

The super flux sc is just a remodelled savage with an sc shell aint it???

Edited by MATT27ROY

Tingtong you bought another rc for yourself so your boy can drive stampede? Truggymonster just picked up his super 5sc today. Still waiting on his views on it.

Did the hex conversion mine randum, but the diffs are shot did you put the hpi harder gears in yours or something else.

Yes it is matt. Tewks i have had the hardened steel (hpi) diff gears for a while now and have recently put the alloy diff cases in from here :- http://www.innovative-rc.com/lightning-stadium-diff-case-black-p-210.html?osCsid=bea752a60270d2ac4ec1e6ad8ca55fa3&currency=EUR As the centre diff gets real hot on 6s and twists the spider shaft inside. The things we do for more power eh?

just had a nose around the website and it looks to have a good base to work with i was thinking of trying something like this on the old airport in whitchurch but far to much risk of being turfed up by pit bikes ect

i am open to suggestions as for the layout and shape. in the end i`d love to see the track to be excting, with diffrent combinations of twists and turns ,more skilled sections, speed sections, technical bits etc. 

end of the day it needs to make u do this: :hahadance:  :thumbsup:  :yes:

have a look on yatton rc and worm racing sites at shapes/jumps ect might be worth packing some doubles that are rollable for beguiners a couple of tabletops again need to be rollable small speed jumps,to try diffrent layouts use spray paint on the dirt and when uv found something that works well use old pvc piping(water outlets u can scroung from building/demolition sites) i cant run untill my charger comes next wek but il try and pop over on the way home forom work for a look and a natter i love building things with dirt :thumbsup:

Tingtong you bought another rc for yourself so your boy can drive stampede? Truggymonster just picked up his super 5sc today. Still waiting on his views on it.

I am now the proud owner of a HPI Savage Flux.

the best way for me would be to have a look together and consider all possibilities, and there are a few. i have worked on the track over this long weekend and it looks better. now is the time to start thinking of placing jumps and other features, and see if it all makes sense together. i have never raced anywhere apart from my track, so i don`t know anything about principles of track design or layout. 

the othere thing is the track width, i am in two or three minds about it now and connot make my mind up. ideally would like it to be able to cater for 1/10 and 1/8 scales. i need a few cars on the track at one time to see how would we cope with overtaking.