• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder tiger eb4 s2 starter box?

targett

Hi, in after a starter box for my thunder tiger eb4 s2 but unsure which one to get. Also do i need a bigger flywheel? Ive already taken the pull start off and fitted a sullivan tiger drive to start it with a drill but now id like a starter box aswell. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, I've tried, given up and am now selling my staterbox coz its not worth my hassle.. The flywheel sits too high, you either need the ERGAL non p/s engine mounts or a bigger flywheel.. The problem is though if the flywheel is too big then it touches the brake pad retaining screws under flex. I even tried grinding the hole in the chassis out but it still wouldn't reach.. Im not certain but I think its a 38mm flywheel and or the ERGAL mounts which are 6mm lower.

I think maybe the engine mounts are your best bet before you change the flywheel, they are

Edited by 1981robbo

get a 12v handheld starter, you need to then file either side so the rubber can reach the flywheel. A dremel is good a quicker than the old way lol.

I had it done for mine as my pull start snapped.

will get a pic of the chassis tomorrow

• Like 1

I brought the ERGAL mounts that are lower, had to take the pull start box off and put a standard back plate on, now works perfect on the starter box, starts every time, If you need help with locating parts give me a shout i try find the shop I brought my parts from

I brought the ERGAL mounts that are lower, had to take the pull start box off and put a standard back plate on, now works perfect on the starter box, starts every time, If you need help with locating parts give me a shout i try find the shop I brought my parts from

Yes can also grind the bottom corner off the backplate to allow it to sit flush with the chassis

I have a starter box now, a mate bought a new one so he gave me his old one. I might try grinding down the standard engine mounts a few millimeters at work aslong as i grind them flat i cant see them then being any differant than the ergal ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sorry been busy with uni work, but as promised here is a pic of the bottom of my EB4 where it was filed down with a dremel after starting with a hand file.  This was done in 5 - 10 mins at the track just after my pull start snapped, thankfully one of the guys had a dremel with him.

CBD03510-D50F-4B78-9F63-476460391A57-284

Your flywheel looks awfully worn? has no teeth left on it like my grandad  :sweatdrop:

unfortunately it is lol, I purchased it 3rd hand from Trackside Spares, it had a full service with many new parts before I could get my hands on it, runs well and is perfect for the track we use, need to sort the OWB out now as it is slipping after having the new pull start fitted

Thats great thanks i will give it a try, did you need the ergal engine mounts aswell? Or did opening the chassis up abit be enough? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

its all completely standard, you just have to file it down to enable the starter wheel to get through the gap without catching the chassis