• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Diff oil

nitroracerdan

Hey all, 

I'm looking to rebuild the diff's in my brushless Lightning Stadium as the rear decided to disintegrate last week! I just don't have a clue about diff oil really and wanted to know if there is a set way to work out what you might need?

Thanks 

Well that gives me an idea of how they work, but as I can't afford to be buying hundreds of different thickness oils at the moment I'm looking for just a reccomendation of a good set up to start with so it at least runs again.

Thanks

The weight or cSt of diff oils you use depends on where you run your truck really..

E.g. I run 10k Front, 30k Center, 10k Rear. This gives me perfect four wheel drive and improves power cornering for the bumpy sand/dirt track I run on.

So try and use the chart Deafty linked to, to determine what setup to go for, then choose your weight of oil. It is very much a case of trial and error, as what works for me might not be best suited to your running conditions.

If you get stuck, just let us know what surface you run on etc and we'll see if we can help you decide!  :thumbsup: