• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My 1st boat

rich.h44

So here's my 1st boat that's been given to me it's wooden and the hull looks ok but not tested it yet, most of the cabin is there and an old engine. Iv never really wanted a boat or been interested in them but seen as it was free and I like tinkering I thought I'd try bring it back to life! So here it is

asuhe2a5.jpg

e3e7a4a2.jpg

esu2u7yj.jpgu4ede4a6.jpgdasuqe5y.jpg

So what you all think?

My plans are to build the cabin, reprint the underneath red, side black, varnish the deck and white cabin.

Then I'll have to decide on if it's going lecy or nitro and find out how the gear works together

Sand it down with a medium paper then fill in any scores or cracks in the wood,but first remove the  water outlet fitting and take out the propshaft tube,rudder fittings replace with new when finished painting,lightly spray with a grey undercoat,leave to dry well, then rub down with a medium/fine paper do inside the hull and bulkheads while you have the spraycan in you hand,

Hope this helps,will carry on if you want me to?good luck.

Yes mate please do I'm totally new to boat! At tho moment I'm trying to get the cabin built and sorted to see what goes we're and what's missing here's what I'm upto so far

y5edy6ed.jpg

RAF Seaplane tender.http://www.model-dockyard.com/acatalog/model-boat-magazine-RAF_Launches.html

kgraftender_zps728f9011.jpg

This one is for sale at my local club..

He built this from plans in this magazine http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/23961/model-boats-magazine-winter-2009 this would be better for you dont ya think?will still help you whenever you want though just ask, no prob..

Edited by ibo

that looks really nice, might get me the plans and build one my self :D

i would go electric bud,  nitro i dont trust in a boat lol well a speed boat where its revving all the time might be ok but a boat designed for scale rather than speed a nitro wont suit it and will prob just cut out on you haha

just a nice watercooled ESC and moderate motor should do nicely :D