• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thinking of getting a Revo 3.3

Pistonhead

As title really, so looking for people's opinions.

Are they any good, durable and reliable as a basher?

I've already got a hyper 7 and would like to get something that can handle the rougher stuff and love monster strucks. I used to own a savage but didn't get on with it's layout, is the revo easier to work on?

Yer revo is easy to work on imo. Durable yer as much as any.  But the only thing I hated was the traxxas engine, cud never get it just right and if it did not for long, or that could just be me lol, I.put a picco. 26 in mine Flippin heck easy to tune and ran like a stabbed rat .

• Like 2

i agree with everything above. rpm arms and a forward only conversion would be my only other recommendations. and cut the glow plug wire, it sucks.

m0th

yehh great car, very durable.i was driving mine at like 35mph and accidently pulled the throttle and ended up smashing into a curb at bout 40mph... bent the chassis slightly and only cracked the front diff casing. and thats all. easy to work on. my TRX 3.3 has lasted 6 years and is still running well... if i were to change the engine id definately go for the picco!

Owned one for a bit, but didn;t get on with it.

Nothing wrong with the car itself. I found hte Revo worse to work on than a Savage, but it's a very personal thing and you will find as many people saying the opposite :) Marmite thing I guess! Check what suspension setup the truck comes with. I found the stock springs very soft, and swapped them for stiffer ones. I also went for P2 rockers. Made the car as lot less bouncy.

Mine had a Picco .26 and the power from that was impressive. It's easier to tune than the stock TRX motor as well. It's a straight drop in fit as tehy make one specifically for the Traxxas trucks.

It's one of those trucks that you have to own to know if it's right for you. Those that like them...love them! Those that don't sell them on. Everyone should own one at least once as it's the only way you will know :)

I've gone back to my Savages because they suit me better, but I am glad I owned one

i had one and still have it and bash the nuts off it like nitroholic said the standard springs are a bit naff  ive put the long travel ones on the back of mine i'm lucky enough to own both a revo  and a savage  and i'm not personally a great fan of the savage compared  to the revo but thats just my opinion but go for it run it in by the book.. and enjoy ..

Probably my most favourite nitro that I have owned based on looks but the one I bought used was so stunning that I didnt want to use it and risk damaging it so it sat unused for a few months until I decided to sell it and buy something that I would use, completely barking really as I regretted it as soon as it went.

had mine 2.5r since came out, took place of tmaxx & savage ss an never looked back, now on 3.3 chassis, foc & os30vg, side pipe,few other bits still on orignal arms,hubs driveshafts on tie rods, using firmer springs had 7years now yet to break something :thumbsup:

Edited by R46