• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:18 Ripmax Husky

Thanks for the help. I managed to fit the 2200mah batt and took it to the street for speedruns...It is on the border of uncontrollable. I wont be goin 3s on this yet. Just changed the shock oil to see how it survives but its quite good. have u tried any other bodies like short course?

• 3 weeks later...

Any Pictures? !

I keep eyeing up the maverick ion range, and various other mini. Be good to see what you have done to this one.

I wonder how much parts compatibility there is too? 

iirc this has a tough alu chassis? Great price too - my son keeps asking for a small fast electric monster truck.

20130703_193131_zpsf2c7d289.jpg20130703_192934_zps1410726f.jpg20130623_134744_zps345dd7f4.jpg

Jackal with ansmann 60mm shocks on softish springs, alloy dogbones, good grease in the diffs and a 6370kv Axi MiniAC extreme motor on 2s, Losi Xcelorin esc, pants but works alright. Jackal/Husky are the same chassis, just different shock lengths and shock towers so if you have either, cheap to change between an MT or Buggy. Versatile machine.

Like the shell :)

How much use has it had? What spares did you get and how much have you broken on it?

have hobby stores been good for spares? Be good to buy something from a local shop and be able to get spares there rather than the postal/internet game.

The shocks look huge for the size of car.

So would you recommend it?  with 2.4Ghz proper radio looks like a cheap base car to mess about with. Just wonder how it stacks up against the maverick ion/himoto range

• 3 weeks later...

I think ive stripped the socket of the front right diff gear where the dogbones fit on the diff.( I dunno wat to call it)
I switched the front diff with d rear for now as its on order with supplier at hobbystores. I would appreciate any ideas on a metal diff or something like that as I dunno how long this switch will last. I wil try upload a pic of d mini truck

Edited by thebongos

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a husky and my friend bought one as well. both only lasted around 8 charges before the esc packed up. looks like a weak spot. shame really because we did like them

• 2 months later...

Hi all. I've just broke the esc on my jackal and now decided I should go brushless. However I have no clue about this really. I have a slight amount of knowledge. So to go brushless I don't any to spend to much. Could I get some suggestions. Also do I need to change the reciever, I guess I do. Does that mean I need to change the controller as well. And I guess I can keep te servo and just use servo tape. And finally can I still use my batteries but change the connector on the end? Thanks in advanced for the replies. Sorry it's so Long

Jack

If you take the combined esc out, you can leave the servo holder in place and use the space to fit an RX and can fit a new esc on top of the chassis brace. Brushless wise, I used a Reedy 5500kv 370 size motor and a Losi 1:18 esc. If you go brushless, id invest in the alloy dogbones, the plastic ones get lathed off under power while turning unless you get a TX with EPA adjustment.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there I bought a husky about a week ago and the receiver blew out i really wanted to go brushless and I was thinking if this could be a perfect esc for it

and could someone give me a powerful motor for top speeds that could go with a husky

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-Mini-8ight-4wd-MSC-18BL-Brushless-Sensorless-Mini-Hi-Power-ESC-/371034192550?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item56635c7aa6

thanks 

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to resurrect this thread - as it's the best on the internet about these cars: Jackal, Dingo, Husky, Coyote. & thinking about Christmas presents etc.

Can the included stock transmitter bind to other cars/systems? (would be nice if it did as appears to be a proper radio)

How's the long term toughness of these baby's going?

I have just bought one of these for my boys (3 1/2 and 6) as a "starter" car. I had a few issues when I first ran it whereby it wouldn't always respond to throttle input and the fact that after going forwards you have to flick the trigger into reverse twice to get it go backwards. I understand the braking function gets activated on first push of the trigger but I am used to Traxxas ESCs whereby if the car is stationary (after a forward run) the first push of the trigger will engage reverse rather than the braking function.

That aside it seems to be OK now with regard to the tx/rx response and the plethora of plastic parts absorb a lot of impact when my 3yr old forgets to let go of the trigger! I like the fact that I can turn down the max speed easily from the tx using a knob makes it great for letting the kids loose with it.

Ive had my ripmax husky for a few months now and it really does perform well for such a cheap price but i was wondering if it was possible to put more power behind it. Could anyone help me choose what brushles system would work with it and help me get a decent brushless system for cheap. Also if i dont end up making it brushless does anybody have any suggestions for an upgraded battery that works with the stock setup. (im a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff!)

5 minutes ago, Hazzardg said:

Ive had my ripmax husky for a few months now and it really does perform well for such a cheap price but i was wondering if it was possible to put more power behind it. Could anyone help me choose what brushles system would work with it and help me get a decent brushless system for cheap. Also if i dont end up making it brushless does anybody have any suggestions for an upgraded battery that works with the stock setup. (im a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff!)

Mamba sidewinder Micro. go for around the 6800kv, if your wanting very fast.
if you wnat stupid insane fast ( break stuff quick) go to the 8000kv or above motor range in the mamba setup.

prices for the mamba sidewinder micro setup is around £60

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The coyote shell doesn't fix on like conventional bodys(four posts) it has a hinge at the front of the chassis which the body bolts onto. Think it would take some work to make it fit the husky!