• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

traxxas vxl probs

mixmasterjay

Traxxas Vxl 3s ESC turns on when I plug in the battery, get a quick green light, then red, then it blinks red through the training, racing, and normal running modes. Its at this point I try to press the button and nothing happens, it just blinks red through the modes and wont let me select any one of them. holding the button down does nothing, the only way to turn it off is to unplug the battery. Model wont run, but I have full steering.?

i take it its fubared ?

no the button is fien that got sorted last week with wd40 lol and then it wasnt sticky , i do have another prob that has always been there though is the servo when turned after switch on it cuts the power to the esc  off lol its the stock 2075 too , its ok when ive run the slash forward and back ward a little

possibly mate but its impossible to get into the esc workings as they are encased in a block of resin lol , prob fit an external bec when cash allows then untill the whole thing pops then i might change the whole system or flog the slash one of the 2 lol

I've got the same problem with my Stampede VXL.

When it does run if I use a 3s lipo it stops completely sometimes and I have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it to get it going again. I thought I had a dodgy lipo but the ESC button is sticky.

ive checked the button and i do near enough everytime i touch the slash (somekind of ocd with it i think)  and it always seems fine , like i said it got wd40'd last week and i also grip it with nail clippers too make sure its up aswell sometimes , stupid vxl lol , it is good when it runs though