• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GTB - 1/16th belt drive offroad micro thread

c0sie

I like the flex in the stock chassis so don't want to change it. Do have an alloy motor mount on order though, I think between that and a heatsink/fan it should keep things running nice :)

I've not ran mine on a track with a long straight yet, the 3 tracks I've ran it all have fairly short straights, but from the little outdoor running I've done, its not short of top end :D

Picked mine up yesterday :) Waiting for my motor now from Hobbyking. Also ordered a couple little heatsinks for the motor as they run a little hot! Dont they Rts :whistling:

Just a little hot! 165C when mine burnt up... Might have been driving it a bit aggressively that night..

It's the Hobbyking 2040 4800kv we're referencing, it's really powerful and runs sweet, but mine gave up after half a dozen race meets, no doubt due to heat. I've ordered a leopard 4 pole 5800kv to replace it and some smaller pinions.

Just a little hot! 165C when mine burnt up... Might have been driving it a bit aggressively that night..

It's the Hobbyking 2040 4800kv we're referencing, it's really powerful and runs sweet, but mine gave up after half a dozen race meets, no doubt due to heat. I've ordered a leopard 4 pole 5800kv to replace it and some smaller pinions.

That the black one? I was running that one with a 15t pinion

That the black one? I was running that one with a 15t pinion

Yep that's the one, I was running 17/70 and it was fine for a few race meets on bigger tracks, even a couple of wins, but the other day I ran it on a particularly technical layout, without changing the gearing, and by the 3rd quali it was toast :( Good excuse to upgrade though!

• Like 1

Carisma have a 28mm motor mount out now and putting a wider body into production to cover the length of a 28mm can motor, sounds like a good reason to put the 2838 leopard 5200kv in there lol.

Its ready for its first outing with a borrowed Carisma motor (cheers Matty) as still waiting for my hobbyking one. I think they put it on a slow boat from China. Going to be using sticks too so should be interesting, i better order some spares now!

Get xmas out the way and will order the all important upgrades :)

IMAG5894_zps90fdc32a.jpg

IMAG5899_zpse69bd106.jpg

IMAG5898_zps511d16e1.jpg

IMAG5897_zps428404a6.jpg

Edited by RCMonkee

Its ready for its first outing with a borrowed Carisma motor (cheers Matty) as still waiting for my hobbyking one. I think they put it on a slow boat from China. Going to be using sticks too so should be interesting, i better order some spares now!

Get xmas out the way and will order the all important upgrades :)

IMAG5894_zps90fdc32a.jpg

IMAG5899_zpse69bd106.jpg

IMAG5898_zps511d16e1.jpg

IMAG5897_zps428404a6.jpg

You will love it mate.

It's good fun, there's loads of places to race them down this neck of the woods.

Did the BRCA nationals round last weekend with it too, lots of fun and some pretty trick driving going on in the A final!