• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GTB - 1/16th belt drive offroad micro thread

c0sie

Looking good dude! I get a lot of people asking about mine.

Just about got it dialled in and I'm about a lap off of top 3 at club. They are running 1/10 K1's etc so I'm well impressed. What motor you running? I'm gonna give the yellows a go when ive gone through my new set of whites.

Thanks :) They do draw a bit of attention...even more when you say how much the rolling chassis costs! :)

I'm running this 4800kv motor from Hobbyking. Its amazing for the money. When it reaches the end of its life I'll fork up for a 4 pole Leopard.

At South West Indoor RC last night we had a new layout - and the micro's were no slower at all than the 10th buggies. Both fast!! :)

I've picked up some yellow tyres so gonna give them a run next week and see how they fare. I've got another set of white ones, but I'd rather have something a bit longer lasting to do club racing with every week..

Still playing with setup but loving every lap :)

Thanks :) They do draw a bit of attention...even more when you say how much the rolling chassis costs! :)

I'm running this 4800kv motor from Hobbyking. Its amazing for the money. When it reaches the end of its life I'll fork up for a 4 pole Leopard.

At South West Indoor RC last night we had a new layout - and the micro's were no slower at all than the 10th buggies. Both fast!! :)

I've picked up some yellow tyres so gonna give them a run next week and see how they fare. I've got another set of white ones, but I'd rather have something a bit longer lasting to do club racing with every week..

Still playing with setup but loving every lap :)

Let me know how you get on with the yellows. I'm running the Carisma 4500kv and it goes really well on the tracks I race. What esc you running?

I'll do a write up once I've raced on them :)

The motor I use is about the same power as the Carisma 4500kv. Few more revs, not a lot in it..

I'm running this ESC - its an excellent fit because the low profile, and good value too :)

Most popular seems to be the Hobbywing ESC's?

I've just bought a GTB and have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

Is a pinion supplied in the kit? if not then what pinion is recommended for the Carisma 4500kv motor?

What is a good servo to go for? I'd prefer one that fits the standard mount.

Is a pinion supplied in the kit? if not then what pinion is recommended for the Carisma 4500kv motor?

Hi mate, you don't get a pinion with the kit. I'm running the carisma 4500 motor and 16t pinion.

This fits with the standard mount. Tiny bit of trimming needed

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29339__TGY_396V_HV_Metal_gear_Coreless_Digital_Servo_w_Heat_Sink_2_5kg_06sec_22_5g_UK_Warehouse_.html

Like Dubberz says, no kit pinion included, I run a 17T on a 4800kv motor, I might drop to a 15t or 16t even.. That's with the kit 70t spur.

I run this core RC servo (CR194), which fits the standard mount --- almost. You have to dremel/cut some material from the inside, and cut some relief's in the middle of the top so you can pull it over the servo (servo is about 2mm wider than the stock mount). The servo is top notch though, fast & strong, for a sensible price :)

The Turnigy drives really well. But one of the guys I race with had his fail this week, after about a month of use. Bit of a shame, they are as fast as the Core RC ones..

Could be just bad luck, he did have the servo saver pretty snug.

Looks like a nice layout, plenty of space for over-taking!

Just signed up for the next BRCA Micro Nationals round (Dudley), anyone else from MSUK going? Sounds pretty epic, 60-80 micro's and close racing all day  :yes: Long as they create a Z final for me  :sweatdrop:

Thanks for the replies.

I've ordered an 18t RW 0.5mod pinion and a PowerHD 3688 servo (I use these in my mardave and although plastic geared they are really tough)

The specs look good for that servo, looks like it should fit nicely as well :)

cheers,. looked like coth or something in the pic. :shockingscary:

though off topic(ish) ,,. can u help me with the track barriers? material, floor mounting, any tips on install? as your track looks 'temporary' this would help no end.

Track is basically pvc trunking taped together back to back. This has a wooden connecting block screwed in one end to join. Velcro sticks it down!

Mine should be here tomorrow or wednesday :)

You'll love it, better than them dodgy old Mini 8's that fall apart every heat :P:D

You'll love it mate. I'm gonna knock the gearing up on mine to put the wind up the Durangos at my club lol

These things get mighty hot with steeper gearing. I've seen someone over 150c on a Carisma 5700kv motor with 19/70. Think he was a bit overgeared!!

You'll love it, better than them dodgy old Mini 8's that fall apart every heat :P:D

These things get mighty hot with steeper gearing. I've seen someone over 150c on a Carisma 5700kv motor with 19/70. Think he was a bit overgeared!!

That's a bit warm! I'm only going to 17t on the stock spur. What size is the stock?

I have gone 18t pinion only because I have swapped to an aluminium chassis to disperse the heat and went 4 pole instead of the carisma motor, alloy motor mount helps and the heat sink from thumbs should also help with heat.

Si