• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

yea the plastic one will just break again and is well known as being a weak point. 

It says they might have one in stock... http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/208879/?gclid=CP3V1qDfxsMCFamWtAod8SUA7g

Or from the USA which is where i got my Motor, Castle link and diff rebuild kit

http://www.amain.com/vaterra-aluminum-rear-camber-mount/p292612#tab-feedback

Can anybody recommend a decent rear wheel/tyre set which won't break the bank?

For use on a mixture of tarmac, grass, gravel.

The stock ones are bold now.

And are these 12mm hex as my son has a dhk wolf which is supposed to have 12mm also, but when I tried to swap the dhk wolf wheels won't fit

Edited by icebeaver

Anything by proline seems to work well or just get a new set of original tyres? And I assume so? They look like it to me anyway!

I just broke the front and rear shock shafts again....So now it's probably going to just sit in the cupboard as this will be the 4th set of shocks needed for the front and my first set of rears.

image_zps4xmno9fs.jpg

Anything by proline seems to work well or just get a new set of original tyres? And I assume so? They look like it to me anyway!

I just broke the front and rear shock shafts again....So now it's probably going to just sit in the cupboard as this will be the 4th set of shocks needed for the front and my first set of rears. image_zps4xmno9fs.jpg

Ahh that's to bad mate! I broke my rear shock shaft as well and I am still waiting for the shock set to get to mine.

How's the castle system going anyway?

I've still got one of the original ones so I'm hoping I can use the shock shaft out of that to fix the front aluminium one. And I've bought a set of HPI trophy buggy rear shocks hoping they will fit as they were only a tenner.

Well I've only used t twice until this happend! Running 18/58 gearing and it's as fast as it is standard and the motor doesn't even get hot! Only thing is I can probably only go up to a 20t pinion as the motor won't slide back anymore.

The stock shock shafts are weak. I found that out on my first drive with a big tumble. I got some  Ansmann style shocks off ebay that are ok. 120mm rear did the trick

My HPI Trophy buggy rear shocks turned up today. They're a lot stiffer that the standard shocks which suits me as I've got the bigger motor and it was bottoming out on the standard shocks. For 12 quid you can't go wrong!

I used a shock shaft from the original vaterra shocks as I still had a good one left and rebuilt the ally shocks back up. Used 55 weight shock oil and it seems alright. I can't upload a picture as Photobucket isnt working.

Going to tear it around in the sand tomorrow see how fast it is properly with the 18t pinion in and without anything to crash it Into!