• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

Yea but it's not a straight fit it's quite complicated as I had to drill holes and weld in tiny pins to hold the clutch discs in. You can seen I've welded the posts in and then machined it flat on the rear. It was quite time consuming and fiddly but it will never break.

image_zpsf8u9raiv.jpg

image_zpswls8atbd.jpg

There's a how to guide on google on how to do it with a plastic hpi spur that's a 32 pitch, that's where I got the idea from. I'll try and find the link and post it when I get home from work as the stock spur and pinion are useless and the weakest point.

Edited by burgerboy78
  • Like 1

Awesome! When I get around to getting the spur gear would you be able to do the welding as I wouldnt know how to do it :D I'll pay you as well :) and yeah please if you don't mind

This is the thread i was talking about. 

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/752430-thepipers-vaterra-glamis-uno-review-modding-thread.html

Just ordered this aswell as i burnt out the cheap brushless motor down the beach today.

Will sit out of the rear cage as the motors about 1cm longer than the original but should be more than enough power i hope!

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_max_pro_sct.html

Could someone do me a favour please, my glamis uno came as spares or repair which I fixed but it has no rear wing and a few bits seem to be missing.

Could someone who has one take photos and post of the rear wing where it connects as I don't know what parts are missing.

I've googled images but can get a close up of the back.

Thanks

Have a look on eBay they'res plenty of spares for sale on there.

If you can get a pdf up of the owners manual there's a blown up view of all the parts you will need near the bottom

Edited by burgerboy78

No problem icebeaver! Yeah as burgerboy said, there is plenty on eBay but if you're unable to find just the mounts, I think I have some spare wing mounts I could send to you

Thanks for the offer Brandon, modelsport have them in stock so I will get that and need to order a wing to.

EBay have lots of choice but most of it's from us and have expensive delivery prices, saying that I ordered those upgraded front shocks from us which were cheaper than anwhere in the UK and postage was only 3 working days from us to uk.

Edited by icebeaver

No problem mate! I bought my new wing set from us eBay as it was cheaper than the buying it from the uk. I bought a set of aluminium shocks from modelsport and then I found a cheaper set on eBay haha oh well :D

• Like 1

The spur is an Associated 2266 54T. I'm think of putting in a 1/8 motor around 2000kv, just need to get 5mm bore pinions first though.

I want to change the spur gear to something better but I haven't got any idea how to do it :P

When you get the motor fitted if you do, you have to show us! :)

Any of you guys know anything about the cooling fan on the esc?

Mine burn out a month ago and was told by the guy from modelsport that a 25mm speed passion fan would be ok, got it after waiting a month and it has only 2 pin connector whilst the stock uno fan esc has a 3 pin connector so it won't fit.

Any ideas?

I can't find a 25mm cooling fan with 3 pin connector anywhere.

Just use the plug off the old fan and solder the wires off the new fan to them. A fan only needs 2 wires anyway. The 3 pins are so you can use a programming card. The esc is basically a Hobbywing WP80, but with less tuning settings. I posted somewhere earlier in the thread.