• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Phantom RTF

ibo

Mark (outlaw) had his name address and number wrote in bottom of go pro. Luckily it missed a quite busy road by about a 100m. The alarm would of definitely helped Harvey but it may of alerted someone else before we could get there, we were going to give up but decided to go into taskers retail store and ask if it was ok if we searched the land behind shop. It's all gated off so didn't want anyone phoning police. They said its not there land so they had no problems so we found an old entrance and went looking. Just before mark found the quad I seem a sparrow hawk flapping in the bushes. It looked stuck so I went over to help only for it to fly away holding a magpie in its claws :lol:

Anyway we didn't give up and eventually found it but unfortunately the front of the quad was badly damaged and the go pro beyond saving :(

Sounds like a bit of a brown out scenario?

How far into the flight was it?  If towards the end of a LiPo pack, there is some theories around that the voltage sag in the second half of the flight, means temporary cut of voltage to the RX, which could be causing it to have to bind to the transmitter again, if that then happens a few times in quick succession ......... could be the issue?

Sounds like a bit of a brown out scenario?

How far into the flight was it?  If towards the end of a LiPo pack, there is some theories around that the voltage sag in the second half of the flight, means temporary cut of voltage to the RX, which could be causing it to have to bind to the transmitter again, if that then happens a few times in quick succession ......... could be the issue?

it was a new battery with a couple of minutes use so should have been good...just seen more repaired footage and you can see where it turns round and starts gaining altitude all the while i was trying to get her down :(

also got to say a big thank you to Pat, i was ready to give up looking for it but i'm glad you kept me hopeful :)

haven't checked the electrics yet, will do that tomorrow

Edited by Outlaw Graphics

OrangeRX a 615 by any chance ? 

if this is the case i think i may postpone my major test flight until i have GPS running.

sounds like you had a massive brownout , your rx got swamped shutdown and rebooted.

Was this a multiwii board or a KK ? 

if its KK there should be some sort of safety feature, like no rx signal set throttle to 45% ( slow'ish decent to ground).

if not hobbyking need a good spanking round the head

At last light winds,plucked up courage to put the TX down and and take a couple of stills.waiting for a micro sd card fot the hero 3..

002_zps76eed543.jpg

001-1_zps16338d11.jpg

• Like 1

heres my latest vid, nothing special just a quick throw together, heres a link for the props im using ibo http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221161769017?var=520126875636&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Brill,opens a lot of windows for fun and good vids :thumbsup: thanks for the link..

WOO off to pick mine up now from Stoke on trent  :thumbsup:

Gopro is all charged ready for some action  :hahadance:

Magic :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i had an idea, 

set up a servo trigger, grab a cheapy micro glider, some cheapy parkzone guts.

harness, glider to quad, send quad skywards, release glider, hit RTH.

fly glider back while quad does its come home trick. 

Hope you do not mind Ibo, had a little play with your photograph. 

yELtRxp.jpg

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

i had an idea, 

set up a servo trigger, grab a cheapy micro glider, some cheapy parkzone guts.

harness, glider to quad, send quad skywards, release glider, hit RTH.

fly glider back while quad does its come home trick. 

Hope you do not mind Ibo, had a little play with your photograph. 

yELtRxp.jpg:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep GET THE WORD OUT if your near Hebbys location. 

DJI quad : White with Red flashing trim lines and DJI in red writing.

a good beer if found. 

come on guys lets see if msuk can pull it off and find this sucker and return it back to its owner.

• Like 1

Yep GET THE WORD OUT if your near Hebbys location. 

DJI quad : White with Red flashing trim lines and DJI in red writing.

a good beer if found. 

come on guys lets see if msuk can pull it off and find this sucker and return it back to its owner.

Where is hebby located?