• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's CAT SX3 Pro CF

.AJ.

I'll mainly be running at my local club in Basinstoke the BRCC, it's a outdoors astro track, ill also be making visits to SHRCCC and TORCH soon

My bargain hop ups arrived, I got these alloy bulkhead/shock mounts off a chap on oOple really cheap

df25987ae94b2e0fce3c112f999ea442_zps24cc

b54eb568dc47fa320ff3764146d27672_zpsd378

Im still waiting on some 12awg wire and bullets to finish the wiring, I've also been given a proven setup sheet. So I've ordered springs/pistons/oils and some shims to copy the setup

:)

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

Ran her on wednesday at my local astro track, the set up I've been given is working well, I have a few things to work on though

Gearing, the motor was hitting 75oC and the esc and lipo were 35oC max, so I need to gear up a tooth or 3

Shock oils, I'm going up 5wt all round to 40wt front 35wt rear, as she was bottoming out landing off the jumps harshly

Add weight, I've been told to add weight to around the lipo tray area, so I've ordered a Rudebits brass lipo tray which adds an extra 38g, this should make the rear end more planted, I'm also considering the Schumacher wide rear track at the moment as well

I'll be back to testing and setting up on Sunday and hopefully my mate will have his spanking new X-ray XB4 buggy out to play and Dr Jan Itor is bringing his B4 hopefully

;)

Edited by .AJ.

• 2 weeks later...