• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky GT3B vs GT3C

Jasoncmor

I've got flysky gt3c, ecx own brand, traxxas tqi and specky. I've had probs with the specky tranny (dx2e) and the ecx receiver. No probs at all with flysky and traxxas.

TBH if you ask enough people you'll hear of probs with most radios, well maybe with exception of Ko Propo... For the folding you'd be hard pressed to do much better than a gt3b/c

Really, I just want a better TX/RX that is better than the eTronix, as seem to get the odd occasional runaway and sometimes seems to be affected by interference. The cheaper the better as it's for my 7 and 4 year old and they will probably get one each! I thought the answers would have been more positive...so I think I'll wait till they really need it!

Cheers

If you've got the cheap Etronix steerwheel radio thats Flysky based too - older GT2 model. 

For kids this is my current favourite system. I'm not sure what its based on but none of it looks like any Flysky I've seen. The reason I like it is that its smaller and lighter than most radio systems - it uses AAA batterys and just 4 of them which makes it ideal for little hands. My 4 year old uses one on his boat and loves it. 

Yeah, I would have been tempted with that initially. However, since the boys are ok with the size and weight of current handsets, I don't really want to downsize them. 

I like the idea the handsets could have grown with them...but if they seem to be too flaky, will stick with the current handsets until they either really tick me off or they get a new model!

• 1 month later...

My son's etronix receiver has been too glitchy and has been frustrating for him to use especially when it runs away doing circles on its own! 

I've bought the flysky Gt3c from eBay.. Which will be coming via slow boat!! 

Will update if it's any good! But least no more Aa batteries for one handset! 

We use GT3C's. 4 in total and not had a problem with any of them. They bind easily and never had range issues. We bash most weeks, I'm guessing the oldest one has about 200 hours use and it's still going strong.

• Like 1

Good to know, as no doubt I'll be swapping my other sons tx over at some point. 

Bought the orange Gt3c this time, so will look for an alternative colour next time. 

All ours are the orange ones. Seem to remember there was an issue with the silver ones but for the life of me can't remember what it was. Wrap of tape on the aerial works for us to identify them.

12 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

All ours are the orange ones. Seem to remember there was an issue with the silver ones but for the life of me can't remember what it was. Wrap of tape on the aerial works for us to identify them.

Tight steering wheel power button. After heavy use of turning left and right it pulls the power cable from the board. 2 of mine did this

2 hours ago, spannermonkey said:

Simple and effective! Might do this as well! As no doubt both my boys will want the same colour!

• 3 weeks later...

Well my GT3C has finally arrived...it was on the slow boat from China...for the huge sum of £30.99! 

Gotta say it feels really nice in the hands, esp compared the E-Tronix ones the kids were using on the FTX's. 

Feels nice and light, so kids will like it. Tempted to buy another one just so the kids have similar ones...(less headache for me!)

• Like 1

I've had the black/silver gt3c for around 8months now, I really like it. Nice and light, lipo as we know, multi-model, looks good too - much better than my other gt3b's. I'm yet to have an issue with FlySky, does what I want them to do anyway. 

• Like 1

I'm not expecting a huge amount.. Just no runaways and about 50m range. They're in little electric cars so the damage is not huge if they do runaway! 

Do you leave your lipo in the handset or remove them when not in use... Also do you charge these up and forget?? Or do you look after them like the car lipos? 

To be bones I just charge them up via a the PC or a wall USB charger when the Tx calls for it. I've always left the little Lipo Tx batteries inside the controller when not in use, not had any problems yet. They've always switched on when I've wanted them to anyway. 

Sorry to jump on this thread but does  the  gt3c work with the fs gr3e receivers as I have the gt3b and want to change to a lighter transmitter 

Edited by kenny_st

36 minutes ago, t2boats said:

To be bones I just charge them up via a the PC or a wall USB charger when the Tx calls for it. I've always left the little Lipo Tx batteries inside the controller when not in use, not had any problems yet. They've always switched on when I've wanted them to anyway. 

Cheers

My cars out away for winter now... So might charge the batteries for 30 mins and leave it out till I next go for a run. 

13 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

I'm not expecting a huge amount.. Just no runaways and about 50m range. They're in little electric cars so the damage is not huge if they do runaway! 

Do you leave your lipo in the handset or remove them when not in use... Also do you charge these up and forget?? Or do you look after them like the car lipos? 

I charge my handset lipo to storage voltage and top it up after 4 or 5 sessions. I keep it around 3.87 and I don't thing it's ever dropped below 3.8. No need to fully charge it imo.

6 minutes ago, mo_miah said:

my gt3c is on order, should be here tomorrow hopefully, by what everyone's said and the videos on youtube seems to be an amazing piece of kit for the money

Theyre good for the money, I wasn't expecting something so decent for such a little price to be honest. 

im planing on using the gt3c on my tamiya tt-02d

but would like a flysky 9x for my rock crawler project which i will be doing next using an scx10ii base

still very new to rc cars and thought the tt-02d kit would be an easy place to start

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

I charge my handset lipo to storage voltage and top it up after 4 or 5 sessions. I keep it around 3.87 and I don't thing it's ever dropped below 3.8. No need to fully charge it imo.

Does it show you on the handset what the charge is at when you are charging it?

How long does it take to charge?

I have a different radio which shows the voltage, I'm not sure about the flysky. Once it's at storage voltage I charge it for a few minutes when every 4 or 5 bashes just to keep it there. I could probably go longer between charges but this works well for me and means the battery isn't stored fully charged.

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1