• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

destroyer wheels on fg stadium ,, trimmed shell,, pics up

scotty1986

hi all

ive just put a set of destroyer wheels on my fg (they look awesome) but my body is catching on the wheels ,, i dont really want to cut the shell up,, so what options do i have ,, i either need to make the truck wider or raise the the shell,, i would really like to raise the shell but cant see how as my body already sits at the top of the body post ,,

any way im looking for a quick or cheap fix ,, or even better free,,

if you have any ideas let me know cheers

now done heres pics

sam1420ca.jpg

sam1419.jpg

sam1418g.jpg

what do ya think??

Edited by scotty1986

find a suitable material either a plastic or alloy at a suitable diameter, cut to the desired length, drill your ideal mounting height holes, drill out your existing mounts and fix into the mounting points with either self tappers or tap and die if using alloy, thats what I'd do. worth a shot.

the tires on the FG monster (bigfoot) which are similar size to the destroyer also rub on the front wishbones of the MT chassis, make sure you setup the EPA to avoid this & also make sure your using steering stoppers :)

as for the shell rubbing, my son wants a stadium shell for his FG but wants to keep the bigfoot tires so im just gunna chop the shell up so it fits neatly :)

Hi that looks real mean,i just got some fg monster wheels for my beetle,they are Big,just going to do the lettering in daytona yellow.

Nice one!!

Goldman :030: