• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Wow!!! The ones I've got are not the Ken Block ones. I think they're from the standard WR8 Flux.

Here is the tread pattern:

81A31F36-55B8-40F6-A3B4-A1CBB2DA432F-1410-0000004C97048B45_zpsed522628.jpg

You can also see the Traxxas upper arms that I've replaced my broken plastic ones with.

The arms were too long but easy to cut down with a dremmel:

B41DFBED-FF06-49A1-A141-97E3C919617D-1410-0000004C862D3517_zps9fc066ad.jpg

Both arms installed:

665C70AC-D037-4BD0-ADEE-DAE4B9C7109B-1410-0000004C93F7B2BA_zpsc9879d6c.jpg

Plenty of adjustment to add/remove camber too...

Well, the new tyres and front camber arms are good, much better on the Tarmac. Unfortunately the tyres are so grippy, the rolling is back, which led to this:

CE38EA42-6044-4E0B-9FCD-A5E598441B86-454-00000005630A865E_zpsad5a013f.jpg

Seriously, enough already! Would like one trip out where I don't break something.

Edited by coldcuppatea

you are really not having much look mate. i have rallied mine on and off road now and the only thing i have broke is the front body post mount.

if any of you guys need c hubs or knucles/up rites give us a pm as i have upgraded to the alloy ones and will let you have them half price plus postage which will not be much as they are light (they were only used twice and only on a car park they are in a1 nick)

oh, i also have a set of standard shocks with top mounts, same again only used 1/2 times a1 condition

The camber arms seem to be such a weak point.

Both of the ones that I've broken have gone in the same place too. Interestingly, yesterday's smash was the car sliding upside down into a kerb and the hit was on the front, yet the Traxxas arms at the front survived but the HPI arms at the back didn't! I'm going to order another set of Traxxas ones for the rear, but also looking out for something suitable all in metal.

bobby288 - what is the spring rate / adjustability in the Proline shocks that you have? Or does anyone know of any suitable stiffer springs that I can use on the stock shocks?

you could try adjusting the camber on the wheels so that the bottom of the wheel is further out than the top - the tyre wear on the last pic looks as if you have negative camber at the moment - which could be why you are having so much trouble rolling..

EDIT - And I am not referring to the broken wheel before some smart-@

Edited by bbadger

you could try adjusting the camber on the wheels so that the bottom of the wheel is further out than the top - the tyre wear on the last pic looks as if you have negative camber at the moment - which could be why you are having so much trouble rolling..

EDIT - And I am not referring to the broken wheel before some smart-@

That is what I meant - although I got negative and positive the wrong way round :xd:

I was just actually trying to say that it looks like there is POSITIVE camber from the tyre wear, which in the picture looks as if it is on the outside of the tyre.

My excuse is I am supposed to be working, not browsing.... :yes:

bobby288 - what is the spring rate / adjustability in the Proline shocks that you have? Or does anyone know of any suitable stiffer springs that I can use on the stock shocks?

the proline are honestly just miles better and fully adjustable and have optional springs, where as the standard shocks you are restricted to using the little black clips and as far as i know there are no optional spring for them yet.. its the back end that has the main problem it sags like mad.

only problem with the powerstrokes is the price!!