• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Unfortunately raking though broken arms and out of stock parts is not my thing...I don't have a WR8 so i have no idea what is needed for WR8 rallying. 

Hopefully someone will take the time to promote the use of WR8 in rally.

Ta 

Andy 

What sort of thing are you looking for? For most WR8 owners, availability of spare parts is top priority!

• Like 1

I am in the process of building n intro to rally post (on the rally front page) it will hopefully contain. Links to posts that clearly set out guidance to modding the car for rally. What you have been talking about is great but a 12 page guide could become too much reading after a while. If a single thread could be done to let people know what you need to do as soon as you get the car. Things like:

Suspension

Wheels and tyres

What upgrades are needed

Diy amendments

Tips for setting up the car

And just general upkeep

Also a good idea to have a section to tell people what kind of spares they need to think about

Thanks

Andy

this comes as a clear shell but be warned they are VERY thin... http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/142478/

and then there is the ken block (which never stays in stock long) but is definitely thicker.. http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/177626/

it is hard to find other shells for this car as it is a funny size and it is the same with wheels and tyres, i do not know of any drift tyres that will fit as i am not a drifter but there are 2 wheel sizes made for this car by hpi (tarmac and gravel) and you might be able to find a tyre that will squeeze on one of those rims??

tarmac...  http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/154257/ (or you can use the ken block wheels which are the same size as these tarmac ones)

off road... http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/125628/

This is the latest addition to my car, an HK401B gyroscope. When I was researching this, it was apparent that opinion is divided, but there is on denying that it is extremely effective. Personally I hope that it will save me some money in replacement parts!

41FDD429-DFD1-4722-B5F9-B910CD7466CC-116

1537231B-7976-4EB4-B1BF-7CDC395E0EB0-116

For those that haven't come across these before on cars, they sense when the direction of the car deviates from that of the controller input, and then immediately operates the steering servo to correct it. In practise I've found it keeps the car absolutely dead straight when not steering (and thus assists me in not ploughing into kerbs), but doesn't appear to affect the handling characteristics when turning (in the dry anyway, I think it might be more noticeable in the wet). Best thing is, they cost about a tenner on eBay. HPI market a very similar gyro as a "drift box" for about

Hmm, not to sound like a snob but I don't like the idea of a gyro driving the car for me! I want to spin out when I get a corner wrong, makes it more rewarding when you don't.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sod the gyro, stick a stronger/quicker servo on and turn into your slides. Sorted! Part of the fun is getting the oversteer to get you round tight corners and nailing it.

• Like 1

Absolutely, do! Flux is superb, love it to bits (a bit too literally sometimes). Was a little jealous at the sounds my old wr8 was making when I took it out with the guy who bought it, but for hassle free running and massive, instant power, bloody hell it's good!

• Like 1

Lol. Haven't used the nitro for weeks now. Its definitely going. Just out of interest how much did you sell yours for? pm me if you don't want to say in here.

Mines hardly used however the shell is a bit battered where I've used it on the flux.