• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Nice driving. Love how you tear down that path ;)

If you are posting in response to my comments about the Gym and Tarmac tires performance on grass, I was referring to the tires ability to accelerate hard with as little wheel spin as possible, and to keep a line in a tight turn under power and not slide all over the place (making for wide drifting turns at speed).

I was not trying to suggest that the stock tires will not work, just that the 4475/76s are knobbed so they have way more bite (fwd/ side) on grass, sand and snow.

Nice driving. Love how you tear down that path ;)

If you are posting in response to my comments about the Gym and Tarmac tires performance on grass, I was referring to the tires ability to accelerate hard with as little wheel spin as possible, and to keep a line in a tight turn under power and not slide all over the place (making for wide drifting turns at speed).

I was not trying to suggest that the stock tires will not work, just that the 4475/76s are knobbed so they have way more bite (fwd/ side) on grass, sand and snow.

Hello

I think we might be at cross purposes here. I was simply doing a post of the video that was a follow-up to a previous post about using standard tires on a field.

The video that is in embedded within the link is simply me driving and making use of a camera while trying to see how the car behaved on and off road.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

I used mine outside today with the 3s... Drifts well on grass with gymkhana tyres and on the tarmac its like unleashing a nitrous fueled rocket!

I'm going to buy an Abu Dhabi shell for racing around in as my cars are on display in the living room (epic wife!) and I don't want either of the KBs to get damaged lol.

My camera mounted or free standing does give a sense of speed but MGOzzz are bloody quick!!!!!

I got spare shells but my car was crushed by a REAL CAR..... So the shell is a play one now!

MGOzzz - is your WR8 modified?? I must have missed something as one video appears to show what looks like a castle fan? Or MMP?

Yeah I'm running a 1410 3800kv and a mamba max pro. If say it has very similar top end to the stock esc and motor but a bit more torque.

MGOzzz - is your WR8 modified?? I must have missed something as one video appears to show what looks like a castle fan? Or MMP?

You called it.

Mike is "old school WR8", I've been following his tips for ages here and on other forums, awesome WR8 forum contributor, IMO.

• Like 1

I didn't realise you had done so many video's! I saw the others you posted and I did think it seemed fast but wondered if that was because the camera was mounted on the car.

Yeah I think it definitely has a bit to do with the perspective but all the same the car is blazing fast. I'd like to get some hand held stuff but I need to replace the rear bearing carriers.

The raw videos are just that, raw with no editing.

Any pics of your setup? Wondered if it was poss to put a MM in a KB so would be interested.

It's Actually a mamba max pro (the1:10) version so it fits right in. The 1410 3800 is also a tad shorter than the vektor so that is pretty much the same.

I have albums of pictures ;-) I'll try to link a few. Just keep in mind they are in various stages of modification.

This is pretty much how the car is now

http://imgur.com/a/HjlGy

Before I redid the wiring

http://imgur.com/a/58EZt

This is an album from the beginning of the year

http://imgur.com/a/5K0En

This is me messing around with the broken vektor when I got the replacement 1410 3800

http://imgur.com/a/0Yqmz

And if you are really feeling bored you can check out all of my albums. I have lots of rc car pictures ;-) I'm not 100% sure if the link will work or not though so don't chastise me if you get an access denied message.

http://gozzz.imgur.com/

Mike

Edited by Mgozzz

Mike, thanks for the links..;)

Re the 5mm Vektor, when you ran that was their much change in the characteristics compared to OE? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it effectively lowers the kv a tad?

On the rear hub carriers, are you thinking of going alloy? Of all the alloy upgrades this would be my first, in an attempt to tighten up the rear. OE plastic are a bit wiggly, not that it seems to effect handling- passive steering? Lol :)

• Like 1

Mike

Thanks. Is this something I could find on eBay as a combo purchase?

Yeah, I pieced mine together myself but they do have it as a combo. I think it's called the pro sct combo. It comes with the mamba max pro (but the sticker is green) and a 3800kv.

Just make sure you get the one with the mmp because there are 3800kv combos with both the sidewinder and sidewinder pro (which is basically a vapor pro). The description should say it has the mmp in it.

Edited by Mgozzz

Mike, thanks for the links..;)

Re the 5mm Vektor, when you ran that was their much change in the characteristics compared to OE? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it effectively lowers the kv a tad?

On the rear hub carriers, are you thinking of going alloy? Of all the alloy upgrades this would be my first, in an attempt to tighten up the rear. OE plastic are a bit wiggly, not that it seems to effect handling- passive steering? Lol :)

I honestly didn't run it like that long enough to get an idea of what it was like. I think I buzzed it up and down the driveway once or twice.

Yeah I like the alloy hub carriers. If I do any upgrading those would probably be where if start. I'd do the front and rear.

I need to replace the control arm though. Lol the hinge pin hole is stretched all to heck. I do think Hpi maybe went a little too soft on the plastics for the control arms.

Mine are maybe 5-6 runs old and they need to be replaced.