• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Does anyone live/work in Bournemouth near hurn airport?

mattvrx1

I'm from Poole/Bournemouth, alas there a no rc tracks, use to be years back on Turbury common with a tarmac oval and GP style circuit, unfortunately the council dug them out, I find the BMX track at iford is pretty good for a bash, or the new velodrome at Ensbury park can be quite a good laugh, especially across the banked section which you cannot stand on at its peak due to how steep it is

Bugger anyone ever been to slades farm skatepark at night ?

Yeah mate, use to take my last baja 5b down there, make sure you've got deep pockets mate as that concrete park is bound to break something, I use to break boards down there on a frequent basis when I use to skate(stopped about 22years ago), the velodrome is over where the floodlit 5 a side footie pitches use to be, if your refering to trouble at slades then I've never had any, mind you i am 40 and scaffold for a living so little chavs don't really bother me...lol

Mate i remember when that skate park opened in about 1976/7, I went down there with my dad to watch the skating, looking back mate the boards back then where all long boards made of plastic, with narrow trucks and massive kryptonic wheels......what goes around comes around when I see some student skating on the pavement these days.

If you want to hook up for a bash sometime then let me know, I'll go easy on your little car.....lol

Edited by reggy72

That's just round the corner from me, I didn't know it had ever existed, shame it doesn't anymore. You can still see the outline of the track, i wonder if there's much left. Maybe it's worth a look, though perhaps it's been demolished completely.

Does anyone know who owns the land? Perhaps it's worth trying to revive it? Not sure how you'd go about that but it would be nice to have a track within a few miles of home.

Might have to try the BMX track at Iford, thanks for mentioning that Reggy, never crossed my mind. Is it ok to use it though, will the BMX club moan for instance?

• Like 1

That's just round the corner from me, I didn't know it had ever existed, shame it doesn't anymore. You can still see the outline of the track, i wonder if there's much left. Maybe it's worth a look, though perhaps it's been demolished completely.

Does anyone know who owns the land? Perhaps it's worth trying to revive it? Not sure how you'd go about that but it would be nice to have a track within a few miles of home.

Might have to try the BMX track at Iford, thanks for mentioning that Reggy, never crossed my mind. Is it ok to use it though, will the BMX club moan for instance?

Turbury park is common land mate, it belongs to the council, the problem was with it that it went out of use many years ago, and i suppose the locals complained about the mini moto's whizzing around it, plus it was covered in glass etc from vandalism, the bmx club at iford are not always there, its on open land once again so anyone can use it, i've never had many issues there apart from breakages, the golf course at hengistbury head is a laugh, but you've gotta go in the evening wehn its all closed up, so its a summer time event really, Baiter park and white cliff in poole have some decent spots, but you've got to deal with the snooty locals etc

• Like 1

Turbury park is common land mate, it belongs to the council, the problem was with it that it went out of use many years ago, and i suppose the locals complained about the mini moto's whizzing around it, plus it was covered in glass etc from vandalism, the bmx club at iford are not always there, its on open land once again so anyone can use it, i've never had many issues there apart from breakages, the golf course at hengistbury head is a laugh, but you've gotta go in the evening wehn its all closed up, so its a summer time event really, Baiter park and white cliff in poole have some decent spots, but you've got to deal with the snooty locals etc

I remember Turbary park, brother had a nitro Mclaren F1 we used up there once. I just didn't know there was a track at Chapel Gate as per OP. Dissapointed it's gone now as it really isn't far from me.

Hadn't though of Hengitsbury Head, will definately give that a go in the summer. Often see people down at Baiter with RC cars too, so have probably seen you!

I was also thinking of trying Wareham Woods on the gravel fire roads for a bash, might be alright.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, as a noob it's good to have some information on where to play.

Dont know about night bashing round here, all I can think of is maybe a 24 hr supermarket car park, find a quiet corner with some light.

Let us know how you get on if you check chapel gate out. I expect it's dead and gone but would be good if there was something left :)

Might try and take a look myself if I get chance at weekend.

im from Bournemouth to, i just tend to go where ever i can, struggle to find some where to run my 5 b

i used to go to that track before they closed it, there is another track near a banger racing track?

Three Legged Cross, South Coast RC's track. It's right next to the Ashley Heath car booty site.

Edited by Fluclear

Can you go there any time ?

Racing one week, practice the next.

Most 'real' racers I speak to don't like the place as it's too relaxed regarding rules and the marshalling is pretty awful. Bumpy track, suits a truggy well.

Saying that, you can run most things as long as it's not a fifth scale. I took a 6s powered buggy with me, they were perfectly happy for me to join in.

Shame that. Tried the bmx track at iford yesterday. Very good, got some big air with the firestorm and it came back in one piece.

There were a few kids sat around with their bikes not riding when we got there so we had about 15 mins before they wanted to ride again so we moved off. After all it's a bike track and not an rc track. Sun was shining though so I reckon if you go when weather's not so nice or perhaps early in the morning you may get track to yourself.

Worth a visit though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...