• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wow finally have a baja sc kit!

craigbrown79

A big shout out & thank you goes to lee65 on the b*** forum for doing such a great offer on my baja 5sc kit! Been on both forums for a while now only had nitro before, been after a 1/5th baja for a long time and on Thursday I took the plunge and bought the kit off lee and it was delivered Friday evening!

Couldn't believe the size of the box when it was delivered, was like a big school kid when it arrived!! Just reading through the manual to get a quick understanding of how it goes together.

Shopping list so far required

1) servo for the throttle not sure which one budget

Always nice to see a new kit, particularly if you're receiving it!!

You prefer 2WD to the Losi 4WD I presume?

It's still quite a stable beast.

Enjoy and keep the photos coming.

Al.

what was wrong with the losi?

Front shock tower bent, left hinge pin bent, hinge pin brakets and plastic covers bent/damaged, front and rear lower arms bent, bent drive shaft left front, centre diff leaking badly, front diff bearing flange shattered/front left drive cup split, front hub damage as in distorted , stock clutch carrier bearing on its last legs, those where the main things that have been corrected or upgraded.

Front shock tower bent, left hinge pin bent, hinge pin brakets and plastic covers bent/damaged, front and rear lower arms bent, bent drive shaft left front, centre diff leaking badly, front diff bearing flange shattered/front left drive cup split, front hub damage as in distorted , stock clutch carrier bearing on its last legs, those where the main things that have been corrected or upgraded.

u won't be the last either

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The shell is quite weak, especially at the rear end so plenty of tape required to reinforce it once painted. I would also recommend some shock limiting cables, especially on the rear

Have fun building it!

• Like 1

I also thought Lee65 was a good seller? but that losi sounds pretty rough and if it wasnt described in the ad i would not be happy.

anyway i would get a RPM rear bumper mount for the 5sc as it allows the use of more pipes and is a skid plate built in. Also i found the rear tires on the 5sc pretty crap for anything but dirt and gravel so if you run on grass i would get some new tyres. servo packed in pretty soon after i bought it as did the chassis so i would get an under chassis brace and read up on the d.i.y section on baja forum uk so you can add them as you build. an alloy clutch carrier would be useful and the shell could use some reinforcing :thumbsup:

He seems very genuine and honest when speaking to him on the phone when I was buying the kit

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

What I suggest you do is build your car 1st mate, then pass comment on what you've paid for, speaking to few people in and around this site and others and it seems he's taken a few others for ride before.....