• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nito's Lunchbox Build - Black Edition

NITO

A big LB/MP meet would be hilarious and interesting ;)

Does everyone use the same pinion? Is there only one you can use??? BL on a 10T would be on the back wheels all the time lol

Need to spray my MP shell, just cant decide on a theme, want to do a proper job as the shell on my MP is original 1987 so want to do it justice :)

Nito this is a nice LB mate, will be stealing some ideas ;)

There are not many pinion options, leaving it alone is best from what I have read!

10T = learning throttle control, that or just adding some punch control via program card :)

I feel the need myself for more speed (13T),hopefully the Lipos I ordered will suffice!

So I had a bit of a disaster at the weekend with the shell trying to spray on the stripe although I pretty much recovered it. Whether it has been worth all the effort I don't know!!

I tried to use a touch up primer and paint initially which is where it went wrong as it wasn't even. Fortunately it was only upto the doors with this method. So I sanded back and tried a bit of carb cleaner which the shell didn't react to well, fortunately it came back ok with a bit of wire wool/sandpaper. Anyway, I subsequently reprimered it with spray (only had white primer - should have used red) and painted the stripe on with spray.

gallery_28308_2409_146038.jpg

Final result, still a few bits to tidy, namely front grille, paint body mountings black and wax the stripe once it has gone off properly.

Introducing my A Team van Tamiya Lunchbox !!

gallery_28308_2409_69631.jpg

gallery_28308_2409_130780.jpg

Regards

Nito

• Like 1

Fitted the Junfac axle mount today.

First off a shot of the 5th Shock mount on the axle as I noticed a few people have been asking how it fits on various threads...

gallery_28308_2409_24441.jpg

Next up the Junfac adjustable axle mount...

gallery_28308_2409_185759.jpg

I've mounted the shocks on the actual axle brace itself as I wanted to set them far enough away from the motor so they don't scratch it!!

Cheers

Nito

No, not generally. The reason mine hits the motor is because I'm running 103mm shocks on the rear which puts the gearbox at quite a steep angle, if it were 20mm lower it wouldn't touch. My motor is no large than a stock silver can, this particular brushless is a 380 sized motor with the fins taking it up to 540 size dimensions.

Cheers

Nito

• 1 year later...

It has been a while since I updated this thread, finally took some pictures of the LB today. It's pretty much finished, I never got around to painting the body mounts black so that is still left to do at some point. The black shock socks are now fitted and it looks a lot better for it. The truck drives so much better with the HPI tyres on the Stadium Blitzer wheels. When it dries out a bit outside I'll take a video of it in action, I think it handles pretty well now considering.

gallery_28308_3750_142323.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_111397.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_133440.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_243.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_190673.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_134909.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_45857.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_94053.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_14390.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_75392.jpg

Look out, Col. Decker is on the loose!!

gallery_28308_3750_63485.jpg

With its new stable mate, the WR02 Wild Willy 2!

gallery_28308_3750_11943.jpg

gallery_28308_3750_102792.jpg

Apologies it's a bit pic heavy!

Cheers

Nito

Thanks chaps, it's not completed yet, there will of course be a BA in there! I've seen a few on ebay that look like they'll fit the bill! I may even have another go at the paint job when I'm feeling braver and lacquer it etc. Although tbh, it isn't a shelf queen and will get scratched so maybe better just left as is and get another shell for that.

I have a spare black shell I got for christmas which was going to be done in box art, maybe I'll forget that and go with the two tone van colours, grey on top. Apparently the stunt vans were all black, but the hero van was black below and grey above the red stripe. Most of the action scenes I seem to remember it black, maybe it just looked that way as the grey hardly shows in certain light. I even remember seeing hubcaps flying off the jump vans!!

I'm particularly pleased with the Stadium Blitzers in red which I think capture the turbine alloys look of the original quite well.

Film-Vs-TV-Cars-A-Team-GMC-Van.JPG 

WD4156390@A-TEAM-VAN.thumb.jpg

A-TeamVan.jpg

ateams3085nh3.jpg

Here you can see the subtlety of the grey;

mirrors.jpg

and of course...burning rubber lol!!

vo64515,1281701536,1983-gmc-vandura-a-te

Cheers

Nito

I see what you mean about the grey only being visible in certain light, it's more noticeable it the last photo. I'd personally paint the other body a different colour. The body on these are abs aren't they? So you could rub them down again and re-paint if you wished?

• 6 months later...

Haven't updated in a while, finally sorted out the Bad Attitude...

shut up fools...

med_gallery_28308_3750_246253.jpg

Crazy fool

med_gallery_28308_3750_292482.jpg

I can't take credit for BA unfortunately, he came from ebay, made by someone far more talented than me using a sand scorcher figure as a base but he finishes it off perfectly!

• Like 2