• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Blackout, im in love!

ukglyn

Saw this beast in the flesh yesterday at my local model shop! My god what a beast of a car. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to get SWMBO to hide my credit card :whistling: , I would love to see one driving.

Unfortunately the look is not matched by the performance in my experience.

I bought an MCD Evo 3 a month back, now I have that running it is so much better than my Blackout ever was! In fact it's almost as good as my Losi 5ive T.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the look is not matched by the performance in my experience.

I bought an MCD Evo 3 a month back, now I have that running it is so much better than my Blackout ever was! In fact it's almost as good as my Losi 5ive T.

Dont agree there mate....

My blackout is awesome and performs exactly how i thought it would and better :thumbsup: Granted it takes a few things to make it that bit better but doesnt all rc? Yeah its not a racer but who wants a monster truck as a fast race car? thats what i got a baja for :yes:

• Like 1

Dont agree there mate....

My blackout is awesome and performs exactly how i thought it would and better :thumbsup: Granted it takes a few things to make it that bit better but doesnt all rc? Yeah its not a racer but who wants a monster truck as a fast race car? thats what i got a baja for :yes:

The thing is with opinions, everyone has one! :)

I was just putting forward my opinion based on my brief ownership with a Blackout, which was nothing but breakages, trouble and disappointment, particularly when I compare it to other large scale cars I've owned, which is well over 20 in 18 months.

Edited by Carpmart

I think it has a lot to do with expectations and the use you intend to put the car to.

I have owned an Evo3 and the build quality was excellent, the handling superb, and it was great to drive. Did need a certain amount of owner input to keep it sweet. Wasn't what I would call a hardcore basher though...and the price of breakages was high.

The Blackout is in a different league in terms of build quality, and there is bit of work needed to sort out the shortcuts the makers have made to keep prices low. The V2 Blackout seems to be better than the V1, as they have done the work before you buy it. It's a monster truck....so I wouldn't expect it to handle. It's biggr and heavier, the shell is made from glass and the motor is a bit of a turkey in terms of build quality. All these things can be sorted....but cost money. If you have the parts, skill and the will to do it...then I think the Blackout can become a decent truck.

Horses for courses really .... and as far as proper Monster trucks go, the largescale market is very short of them as I have pointed out before. You can only go so far with a buggy and some big wheels.

• Like 1

The thing is with opinions, everyone has one! :)

I was just putting forward my opinion based on my brief ownership with a Blackout, which was nothing but breakages, trouble and disappointment, particularly when I compare it to other large scale cars I've owned, which is well over 20 in 18 months.

Yeah mate wasn't a dig or owt just saying in my view it's a decent truck and same as you I had my breakages :-) but isn't that part I the hobby? I sometimes go out to try and break something at least that way I don't have to spend as much time listening to the mrs drone in and on and also sods law states that if you want something broken it never breaks and havnt broke anything on the blackout in ages :-)

For me after the upgrades and mods it's a strong truck and I'm with nitro on the fact the shell is made from 1mm thick glass the chassis is 100% NOT! Made for jumps and a bit of string to manually controll the steering is better than stock servos :-/

• Like 1

I mixed bag of opinions as you would expect, I think it looked the dogs danglies in the shop. I enjoyed the video of the jumps with one on this thread. Still need to get out & see some of these 1/5 scale cars out running in the flesh, will have to get of to some local sites once the weather improves & they all come out again. :thumbsup: