• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kds 450qs tail twitching

ansmann1

i have a kds 450qs helicopter which i have had for approximately 6 months.The tail has now started to twitch from side to side and i dont know why. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong. Is it the head lock gyro or possibly the belt drive. Any help would be appreciated

Is it Twitching or Wagging?

A twitching tail could be a poor motor connection causing momentary loss of power (also a dodgy esc), a worn belt missing teeth, loose belt slipping on the pulley,

or a worn out servo with a dodgy Pot failing to centre properly.

A bit of a list there but if it was fine I'd look at the belt and servo first. See if you can recreate it on the bench.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

the tail is still twitching after altering the gyro gain and also one servo has been getting hot and has burnt out. this has been replaced.However have noticed that the helicopters performance of late has been very poor.There appears to be a lot of slop in the controls {throttle, elevator, etc) have replaced all linkages but again with no improvement. Does this sound like it could be the esc. If it is are they easy to replace and do i have to rebind or reprogramme the heli. I have a spare esc ready to go in but am dubious about replacing it. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

the tail is still twitching after altering the gyro gain and also one servo has been getting hot and has burnt out. this has been replaced.However have noticed that the helicopters performance of late has been very poor.There appears to be a lot of slop in the controls {throttle, elevator, etc) have replaced all linkages but again with no improvement. Does this sound like it could be the esc. If it is are they easy to replace and do i have to rebind or reprogramme the heli. I have a spare esc ready to go in but am dubious about replacing it. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

What Gyro and servo are you using?

The ESC is easy to change just pull the motor away from the main gear for set up (not pretty if it fires up on the bench) and set for soft start and medium throttle response as per instructions.

Get back to us with the gyro and servo info. I got a bad feeling your tail servo could be borked.

Joe

tbh get some nice servos and a decent gryo,anything ready to fly like the kds will have cheap electrics,i go cheap on airframes,but allways buy the best electrics i can afford,kds just copy outher people units,go on heli addicts forums and get some reviews of servos and gryos by the flyers on there,i use algin and hi tec servos and a spartan gyro,but there a wide choice