• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need help with new Hyper 7 please...

Colk71

Hello gents just got a new hyper 7 and I'm having a couple of issues with it and would really appreciate some help.

Firstly, I dont seem recieved an instruction book with my car - should I have got one?? All I got with it was a book that says TQ Intruction Manual which details how to build a car but nothing else, and another book which is a Fastrax product catalogue! I was expecting something that told me where the HSN is and the LSN and the idle gap adjustment on this car. I know all the theory about adjusting these but have no clue where they are on my car! Could somebody point me to somewhere I could find this info ??

Also - I managed to get the car started fairly easily and was following the traxxas break in method of driving the car on quarter throttle spurts which was going fine until the car was suddenly idling faster and faster! I thought I would check the manual as I knew the idle screw need adjusting but obviously I have no manual so I had to shut the car down. A while after I noticed a throttle trim dial on the transmitter was all the way to the right - would this have caused the idle speed to ramp up?

Thanks for any help you can give people!

Which engine as the hyper comes with a.21 and a.28. HSN next to fuel line LSN on carb slider end. MSN do not touch opposite end to carb slider. When I get home can scan and post .21 details or do search on here as plenty info about.

Hi matey

I buy in H7's and sell the spares but they no longer come with the engine manual / run in instructions.

I have both the .21 and .28 manuals as pdf's as I print and include them with the engine rebuild kits.

If you PM me your email address I'll send the pdf to you

• Like 1

The throttle trim should be positioned approx centre, the carb should be open 0.5-1mm. Don't touch the trim until you have done the break in. You only need to fiddle with the hsn / lsn once its fully broke in. Then once broke in full throttle the car along a straight, bring it back and turn the big gold screw sticking out diagonally, clockwise about 1/8 turn then repeat with full throttle down a straight. Ignore the acceleration boggyness, it will seem slow to pick up speed then it will speed up considerably from half speed to full speed. Keep repeating until it screams at full speed. Bring it back and turn the lsn in the carb with the brakes on clockwise 1/32 of a turn. Repeat take off from a stand still to full throttle, bring it back and repeat with a 1/32 of a turn. You should now start to see the car taking off quicker and quicker everytime you repeat this proceedure. You'll also notice your idle speed increasing at the same time so once you've adjusted the needles and are getting a nice instant take off and quick acceleration all the way to full speed, turn the idle screw, which is the one with a little spring on it normally silver in colour anti clockwise SLOWLY and U should hear the idle slow down.