• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with making my drifter Tf-4

Rabster

Ok so have turned my car into a drifter got the wheels got a new shell also got some cool light etc for it

However I'm old school so still have NiMh batteries which are lasting about 4min when drifting admittedly these are also about 6years old lol

So I want to go for a lipo kit for this with a spare battery can anyone advise me on this

Radio gear is a spektrum 2.4ghz

Cheers guys and girls

A 2S 5000mAh lipo should last for an hour or so (I get an hour and a half doing low speed drift with brushless motor) and is pretty cheap (20ish dollars on hobbyking)

You also need a decent lipo charger, that will cost more than the battery

And if your esc does not have lipo cutoff, you also need a lipo alarm, these are super cheap on ebay

yep most brushed motor will run on lipo its down to the esc and you would need a lvc (low volt cut of ) that you can get on ebay for around 3.50..as for lipo i used a 2s 6000mah that last around a houre and half to 2 houre's and has alot more poke than nimh i think once you go lipo you will not go back to nimh's

if interested i have a brushless setup out my old drifter and drift wheels and tyres to for sale drop me a pm if interested

cheers K :thumbsup:

yep most brushed motor will run on lipo its down to the esc and you would need a lvc (low volt cut of ) that you can get on ebay for around 3.50..as for lipo i used a 2s 6000mah that last around a houre and half to 2 houre's and has alot more poke than nimh i think once you go lipo you will not go back to nimh's

if interested i have a brushless setup out my old drifter and drift wheels and tyres to for sale drop me a pm if interested

cheers K :thumbsup:

im interested in doing the lipos as run times are huge compared to nimh , but i do like the brushed motors ?? i got some realy good brushed motors here so wouldnt realy want to retire them , im just a bit confused as i see lipos with a black and a red plus and minus lead as normal on nimh,s , but then i see in most pics a third 3 core flat ribbon wire like a servo lead ?? where or what is this please , it wont go anywhere on my systems , thanks all of you for replying , sorry for the hijack , im just interested in the same question the threads about

ok that cable with the little whight plug is the balace cahrge lead as when you8 buy a lipo charger the lipo has to balavce the cells to get the right voltage i thin it like that so dont be worried about that it dose not plug in to your rc any were at all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1