• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hubsan x4 has landed.

Toxic Basher

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info and help, will be ordering a keycam soon then I think :D

I did see some where in this thread about a place to get good cheap batteries for the heli but I can not seem to find the post again or I am thinking of a different thread? 1 battery is just not enough lol

Word of warning on these cheap key chain camera's the cheap ones are rubbish and just a waste of money .. If your going to get one get an original one the 808#16 v2 and use a good card class 10 i find is very good

Giantshark do lipos for

the 808 #16 is the original. for wideangle people have been gluing on third party lenses, things like,

jelly lens, iphone .67x wideangle and fisheye magnet lenses.

the 808 #16 V2 is an upgrade, this camera was upgraded by the chinese manufactures

after reading the few hundred pages of reviews on another rc site. this camera has pinout

pads on the board released, this allows the camera to be used as a FPV cam, by tapping into the video

out on the board. you tend to see these mounted aswell as an expensive gopro. the camera is also fitted with a

wide angle D lens and not the small webcam type fitted to the older versions.

problem is the external of these cams are the same, it is very hard if not inpossible to tell the version,

only when its stripped to the main PCB can you can roughly tell. or by taking a single image from a recorded video

and looking at the frame loss ( around 18% on my #9) the audio bitrate etc etc, also the timestamp

gives away its true model version.

price wise i do not think you can go wrong, six quid is not a lot, ok the picture is no gopro image,

but it does the job

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

you have Learn't to control the little quad well.

your thinking ahead now, where quad will be next when you've input the sticks.

More practice catching the flip, want this a natural feel, if quad flips you auto catch, no thinking.

outside, you need to learn low breeze flying. indoors is good but that hot weather we wait for brings thermals.

and unseen forces, so outside in calm days when possible will help lots. you must experiance

the light breezes and learn to counter them.

those hubsan are small and strain eyes, even with white blades you can still loose

a sense of direction. MicroPour tape is your answer. that stuff used as paper stitches at the doctors,

grab a reel from the chemist. now take your quad cut two small areas of tape.

place these white sections of tape onto your front arm motor pods.

place them so when face on you can see them.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

Thanks, I do feel I am getting some where to say I could never fly a helicopter at all.

The flips I am slowly getting better, I just don't 100% feel right doing them in small spaces like indoors yet.

I actually prefer to fly this outside and have just come back in actually, the wind is not too high right not but as long as I keep it below the height of the house it's fine and fun.

My main problem I am having is turning, I am fine spinning as you see in the film I do a few spins but as soon as the thing is facing a different direction I loose control, I have tried putting it on the ground facing me and hovering to get used to the reverse controls but it is so hard, yet I am fine with rc cars :shockingscary: .

I am fine with small adjustments, I can fly around my house, from downstairs to upstairs etc now but the hole reverse of controls I just can not get the hang of yet.

More practice and more blades, could do with another battery too I think.

Well here is a short vid of me flying mine inside. Please like and let me know what you think.

Good job mate , how long you you had the hubsan then ??

Just got myself a viper but not managed or tried flips yet !!

Thanks, had it all most a week now and just love it :D

Good going for only a week , I'm still on easy mode !!

Good going for only a week , I'm still on easy mode !!

Cheers, I found going outside pushed me to learn best as you have to use expert mode to cope with the wind.

Done another 5 batteries inside flying it away from me, turning it to face me then flying back to get use to reverse controls, when it gets a bit annoying or things go wrong I just chill with it for 30 seconds and fly it normally then try again :thumbsup:

Pure dedication and addiction :D

2 blades broke so far today but I knew it would happen :)

after a week and a few broken props most would be giving up.

be it a heli/plane/ truck/buggy they break and need repairs.

and you always have the sixth sense when its going to happen.

try the micropour tape on the front motor pods to, they will help visually.

you could put a big R on the left motor pod and a big L on the right motor pod

for when your flying nose in lol

keep flying and practicing, and stay away from KITCHEN SINKS - BATHS - PONDS - RIVERS lol

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

ha ha, yeah, even when flying near the kitchen I make sure the sink is empty, don't want to risk another dip :whistling:

I use the white battery connectors as a visual sign of the way it is facing, does seem to help.

After a day of practicing and I still have enough time left for maybe 4 batteries maybe, I am just about managing to turn around and fly back to myself, most of the time still crashing but steadily increasing the success rate :D

I even managed a full circle with the front staying facing inside the circle at all time, I was well chuffed, can not seem to do it again though :hahadance:

Cheers, I found going outside pushed me to learn best as you have to use expert mode to cope with the wind.

Done another 5 batteries inside flying it away from me, turning it to face me then flying back to get use to reverse controls, when it gets a bit annoying or things go wrong I just chill with it for 30 seconds and fly it normally then try again :thumbsup:

Pure dedication and addiction :D

2 blades broke so far today but I knew it would happen :)

Broken 2 blades , an arm and a motor this week .....All repaired today

I've been struggling with the reverse control scenarios

This is my first weeks work on the Hubsan lol, well most of it, I lost a few and 1 on there at the mo is ready to be replaced.

SAM_1527_zpsb5f66e93.jpg

I have finished up for today, managing to circle around now pretty well :)

Best tip to learn reverse control I found is to put it in front of you (facing you) , sit down and try and hover it. After 2 batteries of doing that a did a few batteries of learning to turn around and its all starting to link together.

Just loving this thing. Need to order another crash kit soon for another battery and more blades..

• Like 1