• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hubsan x4 has landed.

Toxic Basher

My x4 has got a bit of a problem :( Its left led has developed an intermittent fault resulting in it flickering when in use. Its having no ill effects on how it handles but its annoying! I've had a closer look any can't see any obvious faults on the board but when I press lightly on the body or led it stays lit.

I was thinking the tiniest dab of epoxy on the side of the led would stabilize it but was concerned about using epoxy as I would need to power up the x4 to make sure the led was lit as it sets.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mines taken a turn for the worse ..I cant it it stop flying to the right and forward re calibrated it and checked all the props etc.. it was working great then in mid air one of the front props flew off and i crashed so i put the prop back on tried to fly it and all the motors spin fine and free so think i may have done the gyro or something ..

Do any of you guys think it may be the motor going weak on one of the corners ,Is it worth getting a set or am i just throwing cash in the bin .. Shame cause i really liked this little thing it was just the right size for indoors fun but if its no good i wont get another as this one only had around a couple of hours of fun on it and at

could be the motor spindle has slipped.

did you replace the prop that flew off ?

if so did you make sure its the correct prop fitted.

if you fit a CW rotor when it should be a CCW rotor blade it can cause the quad to have a wierd flight.

and by sounds of it, could be you have the wrong blade fitted.

as for the led :

do you have a very good magnifying glass,

if so check the solder points on the board where the led is mounted.

could find a dry solder join. if you think your upto the job,

a fine tiped soldering iron should flow the solder again

giving a better join

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

could be the motor spindle has slipped.

did you replace the prop that flew off ?

if so did you make sure its the correct prop fitted.

if you fit a CW rotor when it should be a CCW rotor blade it can cause the quad to have a wierd flight.

and by sounds of it, could be you have the wrong blade fitted.

as for the led :

giving a better join

I replaced it with the same prop that came off i have noticed that the front right motor seems to lack as much power as the front left .. Could it be that the motor has had it ??

For those with motors being hard to turn, theres a way to cur this really easilly with a pair of long nose pliers.

i made a vid....

Basically you apply pressure to the top and bottom of the motor and this reseats the motors axe 99.9% of the time

Be very carefull not to pinch the wires at the bottom of the motor

• Like 1

as for the led :

giving a better join

Me! Soldering :lol:

I can solder but not anything this small, I also don't have a fine enough soldering iron :( I decided to use the epoxy method to stabilize the led and it seems to have worked.

your gonna have to learn one day, best make it soon lol !!

just ordered me an x4 for 34 quid delivered with spare props and a spare battery, read through all this thread and its just making me want it even sooner lol, anybody got any ideas on mods yet?

just ordered me an x4 for 34 quid delivered with spare props and a spare battery, read through all this thread and its just making me want it even sooner lol, anybody got any ideas on mods yet?

I have given up on mine .. i have had 2 now , the 1st went back as the gyro never worked out the box so got a refund the second last around 2 hrs flight time agian gyro/main board craped out .. The guy in my local shop has now stopped stocking them because nearly half of what he got in has been returned so he said.. Shame as before i took it to him i ordered a set of motors( he had none so got them from buzzflyer on line) which are on there way as i thought that was the fault so do i get a board or just send the motors back and cut my losses??At the cost of new motors and a board might aswell have bought another .. Thinking these things just anit worth the hassle and the cost !!!!

the way i see it is its cheap cheerful fun, and its a quad, u pay just as much for a 3ch thing from a cheapo shop that does nothing but whirl around whilst trying to hover and lasts all of about 5 charges and no spares backup, these little things seem to me like theyve got potential, im willing to take the risk :D

I think theres a few rough batches on the market which is why a few peeps are having issues. I've had mine since October and apart from one motor failure and a dodgy led it still operates as it should.

That's what i thought .. But there are a lot of guys out there that have had them break rather quick on them .. I'm not saying for 1 minute that there not great fun as they are ..Parts are just to expensive in my book .. A new motor and board is the same price as a whole new one well almost .. I think these are a clever bit of manufacture marketing get you hooked on a cheap fun product then rip you off on the spares.. If i get mine back up and flying i'll more than likely just sell it

dont be going and buying over priced motors.

10 quid for a mqx motor your kidding right, yes.

you can find same motors for half the price you just have to look around.

ok they may need a plug fitted but thats not to hard and your old motor is a donor

Looks like modelsport are doing the spares at a good price.

I couldn't wait for my new batteries so decided to split a 2s zippy flightmax used for my micro rally, and put new mini jst connectors on.

This gives me 2 350mah batts cheeper than any other source. I recon the battery could be slightly longer and still fit.

Any other batts people have tried apart from the nanotech and shark ones?

Love this little thing.

dont be going and buying over priced motors.

10 quid for a mqx motor your kidding right, yes.

you can find same motors for half the price you just have to look around.

ok they may need a plug fitted but thats not to hard and your old motor is a donor

Think this is for another thread as the MQX motors are way to big

expensive parts ?

crash kit consisting of 16 rotor blades , upper and lower chassis and a spare battery

Edited by mydoddy69

Think mine has kicked the bucket now

Really good starting point to try out quads to see if you like them. As i do i think i'm going to get a blade mQX. Had good luck with my mrs X

Edited by mydoddy69

for motors, and thats all motors.

what your buying is something cheap from china at a hugely marked up price.

look around for micro motors, then measure your can length and its diamiter.

your wanting clockwise and counterclockwise motors.

see those counter roataing cheap china helis with the metal frames the micro ones.

these have two motors counter and clockwise, near on dead replacements ( remember those measuremenst to check)

and they are dirt cheaper just need a cheapy connector soldered.

like this

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7V-tiny-and-smart-motor-4mm-12mm-micro-DC-coreless-motor-for-plane-model-and/718217548.html

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Has anyone replaced the chassis on one of these yet? I had mine literally 10 mins and managed to break one of the arms. I've managed to get a replacement Traxxas body however it looks as though the motors need to be soldered off the board before you can move it to a new chassis.