• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10th buggy build

arogon1235

hi i am trying to find a 1/10th buggy kit but the problem is there is so many and its ahrd to choose what one to buy

so i was wondering if any of you had a suggestions of what one to buy and what one is the best value for money

my budget is:

you will need to run an all metal gearbox and the smallest tooth pinion you have and it porbably still handle well..

i wouldnt go any higher then a 6.5t motor in a 2wd buggy which is around 6000kv that motor you have will still be too much for 4wd on 2s.

like i said if you go for the ansmann try getting a full metal gear box if not it will not last longer then 5mins on what your planning on running.

you might be better trying to get a 4wd it will take a slightly higher kv motor and will be able to go in a striaght line.

i ran 6.5t on 2s in my rc10b4 when i had that and it was way to quick i had to turn the esc right down

I'm not sure why I'm bothering saying this cos I get a feeling it won't be listened to, but I have been running 2wd 1/10ths for 25 years now so I really hope I know a thing or two about them......

This idea won't work. You are asking far too much of the tyres trying to put down a 9000kV motor as it is, and 3S is right out. I found a 6000kV 5.5t on 2S a handful in a B4 and that was with ultra sticky racing tyres which wore in no time. Rwd's are slippery at the best of times.

The Madrat has decent handling even at speed, and the aerodynamics work well enough, but with a big motor if you even touch the steering under acceleration it will spin. Plus the gearbox can't take that sort of power - yes you can upgrade to all metal but there is a reason all the high end racing 2wds have plastic transmissions. Those back tyres can't put down that much power.

Actually I wouldn't run a 9000kV motor in a 4wd 1/10th either - a 7700kV was too much when I tried it in my D4 (which was a

Edited by Si Coe
  • Like 1