• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunderwolf's Fleet - Methanol Baja

Thunderwolf

Very much looking forward to seeing this running now Paul.

I'd be very very surprised if you could genuinely compare this engine to a 57cc twin jobbie... I think Sean will shoot himself in the foot by saying that if someone is considering buying a twin.

How much was the methanol engine Paul, if you don't mind me asking?

Very much looking forward to seeing this running now Paul.

I'd be very very surprised if you could genuinely compare this engine to a 57cc twin jobbie... I think Sean will shoot himself in the foot by saying that if someone is considering buying a twin.

Could be this one dude? :)

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines/full-mod-engines/6283-obr-methanol-gas-nitrous-oxide-full-mod-29-5cc-reed-case-engine.html

Also I am actually looking forward to knowing if it actually sounds different to a petrol engine. I am doubtful but it would be fun it if did. 

due to the old engine ripping itself apart i got a small deal out of it.

the one inferno linked to is different to the one i have, that is a reed case engine.

i paid

been told that the old pipe will be sand blasted tomorrow ready for painting on wednesday.

assuming i get it back friday she will be ready to run on saturday, assuming i get the methanol and oil before then.

Have you got any Baja-buddies that you can bash with for a direct comparison? Sound and performance etc?

not really buddies but there is a group i know of i can run with that have bajas.

i can't drive and film though and have no one to do it for me.

Paul it's you... You do anyway ;):lol: nah just joking but who gives a toss what you look like... To be honest, we're grown men, playing with toy cars, how much worse could it look :whistling:

very funny, while i reject the idea of putting a camera on my head (even though i have a head strap for my go pro) i have no issue putting the go pro on the car for abit

5 litres of methanol turned up today.

did some searching online about whether or not the castrol a747 oil will mix with methanol and got mixed results.

well i have since done a small test and found that it simply does not mix at all so i have order some silkolene pro kr2 oil.

my exhaust has now been painted and posted back to me today, hopefully i ordered the oil early enough and the both turn up tomorrow  and i can fire her up on saturday

Get it down the bowl or the nascar track as i call it lol. and i'll film it. you could race ray with his full mod 27.2 obr (if he ever gets it back from them) or i'll give you a race just so we can see how fast it is mate.

yes i would lose big time but i don't mind   :sweatdrop:

• Like 1

Get it down the bowl or the nascar track as i call it lol. and i'll film it. you could race ray with his full mod 27.2 obr (if he ever gets it back from them) or i'll give you a race just so we can see how fast it is mate.

yes i would lose big time but i don't mind   :sweatdrop:

lol

well i got to break it in first fella, but it will end up down the bowl soon

today my oil turned up and so did my exhaust.

when i first got the exhaust (cpi big bore) it was in abit of a state:

DSC08116.jpg

putting this on after having a nice chrome dom (traded the dom for this) is a no no, i know i abuse this car but i do have some standards, so i sent it to a member on here (walters) afew days ago and he was happy to sand blast the crap off and powdercoat it for me.

i was going to have it blue as something different but the 2 shades i had the option of just wouldn't work, which left me black or silver, black is boring so silver it was and i got this back today:

[img=]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/dalek_emperor/my%20RCs/HPI%20Baja/DSC08166.jpg

granted its not 100% smooth all over but its an old pipe, main thing is its not black and not rust red in colour, in total it cost

Edited by Thunderwolf